Skip to content

A few questions before I start

If I start with BGI and finish it, can I continue with the same character and items in BGII?
Also, if I buy the games (BGI and BGII) on beambog, can I play the game on my PC and my mac oder am I restricted to one system?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hello, @MrRogers‌ and welcome to the forum.

You can import you character to BG2(EE) from BG1(EE), yes. About items see http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/miscellany.htm - only several of them can be transferred if they are in your character's inventory at the end of BG1(EE).

You can play only one version of each of the EE-games if you buy one version: if you buy a PC-version, you can play it on your PC (Windows), if you buy a Mac-version, you can play it on your Mac.
  • rgalexrgalex Member Posts: 20
    On Steam, Overhaul are working with Steamplay, and you can buy the game one time and play it on Windows, Mac and Linux(Still Linux in beta).
  • MrRogersMrRogers Member Posts: 2
    Thanks a lot for your help! Are there any disadvantages/differences between STEAM and BEAMDOG ???

Up to now, I would choose STEAM, as I can play it both on my PC and my macbook...
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    The big difference for me between Beamdog and Steam was that when I bought BGEE from Beamdog I couldn't download it and was told that this was because it wasn't compatible with my browser (IE). So I bought another copy from Steam, which I don't like, because although I play off-line they are always nagging me with pop-ups etc. to go on-line and generally give me the feeling that I'm just leasing the game rather than actually owning it. Now that the EEs are available from GOG I'm going to buy them from there (which is as close as you can get to owning discs these days) so that everything will be on my hard drive forever, even if I go back to the technological wasteland known as Africa.

N.B. It is important to note that I am a Grumpy Old Man with technophobia.