Skip to content

PST:EE Minsc and Boo Cameo!

From Minsc's epilogue in BG2 we can gather that he and Boo are together still, among the stars, where hamsters are giant and men become legends. Being the Minsc fan that I am, I suddenly thought - Minsc could show up in PST! That way, we could have him and Boo, among the stars, meeting evil with his sword and kicking butt for goodness until the end of time!
elminsterJuliusBorisovkcwisebooinyoureyesRAM021

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2014
    Beating people to death with Minsc and Boo references might be something the Lady of Pain would do to her subjects, but I'd still rather not see it in PSTEE.

Plus the fact that PST doesn't have a clear date (at least in terms of DR time) was something that was kind of great about it. With Minsc and Boo in the picture that would narrow down the date for when the game is happening.
    kcwise[Deleted User]MoradinKamigoroshi
  • OudynOudyn Member Posts: 74
    elminster said:

Beating people to death with Minsc and Boo references might be something the Lady of Pain would do to her subjects, but I'd still rather not see it in PSTEE.

Plus the fact that PST doesn't have a clear date (at least in terms of DR time) was something that was kind of great about it. With Minsc and Boo in the picture that would narrow down the date for when the game is happening.

Fair enough, fair enough. It was mostly a joke anyways. While I'd like to see such a tribute (statue perhaps?) I agree. Might ruin the feeling of PST. BG3/IWD3 on the other hand...
    Hmm... so many possibilities!
    elminsterkcwise
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Um, PST is finished, right? You can't really add this to it.
    kcwise
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    elminster said:

Hey, Sigil is the city of doors. One of them has to be a time door! :)
    procco
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Kamigoroshi
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    "What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there."
    JuliusBorisovSoren_The_WildlunarNimran
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Feel the burning stare of my hamster, and change your ways!
    MhamzakcwiseJuliusBorisovlunar
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Ewww.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Nimran said:

Feel the burning stare of my hamster, and change your ways!

This at least answers what can change the nature of a man...
    NimranJuliusBorisov
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Ewww.

Says a slime.
    CalmarNimran
  • BobCBobC Member Posts: 47
    No please. Certain character needs to stay in certain areas.

I would like Haer'Dalis Cameo though. I'm sure the Doomguards could have fought one of Nameless One's incarnations.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    elminster said:

Plus the fact that PST doesn't have a clear date (at least in terms of DR time) was something that was kind of great about it.

But the Adventurer's Mart in BG2 has items that once belonged to PST characters, and their descriptions refer to those characters as no longer being alive, so the events in PST must have taken place before those in the BGs.
    RAM021
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

elminster said:

Plus the fact that PST doesn't have a clear date (at least in terms of DR time) was something that was kind of great about it.

But the Adventurer's Mart in BG2 has items that once belonged to PST characters, and their descriptions refer to those characters as no longer being alive, so the events in PST must have taken place before those in the BGs.
    Or it just means that someone found a way to travel back in time with those items from a point after those characters had died.

Hey, if there are History of the North books found in the original IWD that carefully (rather than vaguely) detail events taking place in the 1360's, even though IWD is set in 1281, (a good example is Book of the North III aka "History of the North - Recent History of the North") then who is to say from what period in time those items came from :)
    NimranJuliusBorisovartificial_sunlightkcwise
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    elminsterRAM021kcwiseJuliusBorisov