Skip to content

Chunking not possible/working

Hey guys,
Im on a no reload SCS2 challenge HARD difficulty (2x damage is just silly..), and none of my group were chunked yet after about 30 hours of playing. I thought that was kinda strange so I tried to chunk my characters and let npcs/ normal enemies chunk me but it doesnt work. Even after 50+ damage on a 1 hp Viconia doesnt chunk her.

Whats the problem you ask? Well I like chunking to be possible, it keeps things interesting. Any idea why my guys cant get chunked? How can I fix this?

Btw the SCS2 option of my guys not getting chunked so quickly is OFF so that cant be the problem.

Thanks

Comments

• EA1EA1 Member Posts: 31
    Update: I am able to chunk with ice damage: cone of cold. The portrait and everything dissappears. Still nothing with regular damage (270 damage backstab...) or flame strike for 70 damage on a 1hp guy...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    According to the official FAQ, the mod has a component "Make party members less likely to die irreversibly":

This component tries to prevent "chunking", the annoying permanent death of your character when you're reduced below -10 hp. Characters who get reduced to 0 hp or below just die in the usual fashion and can be resurrected. It isn't possible to prevent quite all forms of chunking (massive damage from fire, in particular, still seems to cause chunking fairly reliably), but this component should make it a rarer occurrence. This may be useful in the later stages of the game, when melee opponents often do 30-40 hp damage per blow - that 10 hp safety margin starts to feel slender.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/readmes/readme-stratagems.html

The SCS mod is customisable so when you're installing it, you choose which particular components you want to install. So, a way for you may be to uninstall the mod and then install it again without that component.
    Thank you for a quick answer but in my previous post I already said:

'Btw the SCS2 option of my guys not getting chunked so quickly is OFF so that cant be the problem.'

I have in fact double checked it and it is not installed..
    I dont understand why a flamestrike of 70 damage doesnt chunk..
    bump
  • Ancalagon44Ancalagon44 Member Posts: 252
    Sorry, no idea. My first thought was SCS. Please can you post your Weidu log? There is a Weidu log file in your BG2 folder that will tell us what mods you have installed. Perhaps there is a component you have installed that is causing a conflict, or perhaps the anti chunking component was installed even though you said not to install it?
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Is gore turned on?
    Thanks guys for the reactions :).. but I deleted BG.. I need to kick the gaming addiction.. Guess well never find out why I couldnt get chunked :S..
    Topic closed
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    PEBCAK?