Skip to content

Beamdog Plays Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, Live on Twitch! (Extra Life charity event)

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
Join us this morning at 10:00am MDT as the Beamdog team takes on the Spine of the World live on Twitch!

This stream is part of the Extra Life charity event, benefitting the Edmonton Stollery Children's Hospital. You can watch the stream here:

Be sure to join us, as we'll be showing off some of the game's more exciting features during our attempt to survive the frozen North.
CrevsDaakelminsterMetallomanrufus_hobart[Deleted User]booinyoureyesJuliusBorisovDexter

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Thanks for the time-zone link. Really appreciated as I see that ET was changed for MDT… Hope I can I watch it, since I'll be probably eating meal at that time.
    MetallomanJuliusBorisov
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    A new kit!
    JuliusBorisov
    I'm watching you now... But don't have a twitch account... I think I'm watching @Coriander‌ !
    Snake force 6... @PhillipDaigle‌ has named the team!

I really shouldn't be giving a commentry... But I'm really enjoying it. Better donate...
    rufus_hobartbooinyoureyesCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • KesseranKesseran Member Posts: 18
    Less focus on IWD and more focus on finishing Bg2 for Android please.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Kesseran said:

Don't do that, please!

>:s

Kesseran said:

Don't do that, please!

>:s
    They need to. They are the only company I have ever seen that doesn't care about an android port. Android may not have as many players as pc and Mac but that is no excuse to take so long for a release. They should never have started IWD until BG2 was out for their advertised platforms.
    uh... why do they need to?

I understand the argument of releasing the patch before IWD:EE, but why are they obligated to release the game on android? You said it yourself, there are more players on PC and Mac so why would you not expect them to make a new game that will sell better and to more people? They are a company, not a charity.

Its not like you buy the game for android and then can't play it until they release it.
    Because a company that doesn't release something that they advertised for so long is just begging to ruin their reputation. Most of their player base for Android is at the point of supporting Gemrb instead of this fail of a company.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Really, guys? Really?
    CrevsDaakelminsterrufus_hobartkaguana
    meagloth said:

Really, guys? Really?

Yes, really. Beamdog needs to learn how to worry less about the money and more about finishing their jobs. How many people know that this company was originally only funded for BG and BG2? Now that they made money they want to move on without fixing what needs to be fixed and finishing their other games.
    I apologize, I shouldn't have said anything.

Quick question: Is there a difference in which "player" you donate for (as compared to others and the overall "Beamdog Team"), or do they all go to the same hospital?
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    So for twitch you *have* to tune in live? You can't watch it recorded later?
    booinyoureyesCrevsDaak
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @meagloth‌ yes and no, unless you find that someone uploaded part (or the entire session maybe) to Youtube. If not, I'd say you're out of luck, unless in the next post someone that used Twitch more than once like me says the contrary and posts a link form where you can watch it (which I highly doubt that'll happen this time).
    booinyoureyes
    Dang, now I won't be able to watch it. Oh well, I'll just wait for the game to see more!
    elminster
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Was this recorded?
    meagloth[Deleted User]
    edited October 2014
    @Anduin‌

It seems like 1210 US Dollars were raised total for the CMN hospitals, with Phillip Daigle leading the way

btw, I saw your donation... you have quite the heart for a mummy
    Post edited by booinyoureyes on
    elminsterrufus_hobartJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    what was the new kit?
This discussion has been closed.