Skip to content

Hoverbikes

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
edited August 2014 in Off-Topic
Apparently a "Chris Malloy" in the UK has been working on developing a hoverbike. Here is the link to the kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1524806320/hoverbike

Anyways, I think its pretty cool. Though I imagine it would be pretty difficult to fly.

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Wow...I so want one of those.
  • old_jolly2old_jolly2 Member Posts: 453
    edited October 2014
    The vast use of mechanical knowledge and the precision of sensitivity needed to maintain it in a usable shape , makes it , I think , not very handy. Rendering it useless with it's complex upkeep , it's can-be-anywhere noise production and it's operability considering atmospheric conditions suitability : because the air it is pushing is so little in volume , it has not even a helicopter in sight ( please remember your own toy helicopters if you have one and how a great skill you need just to operate it stabile in air , even if the air is not that windy ). A good try I would say , however ; but not unique , as there are tons of DIY temper projects around , which one being a more bigger in size.

Hovering mobility should need mobility without the use of friction I think. And what all these air-using hovering vehicles do just the similar thing what the cars/bikes do today , which likely to create more problems that it can solve , as it is practically 'not an invention' but just re-interpretation.

What do you think ?
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Sounds cool until I think about all the drunk hover bikers heading home from the local watering hole after five too many...

Aside from that though, I want one too. :)