Skip to content

It's official: I'm a blogger.

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
Specifically, a video game blogger. My first published article on Gamasutra: Link

Have you ever been published online? How long did it take before your head exploded from too much ego? Share your story!

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Cool, but isn't vlogging the next big thing? Just kidding, congrats!

As for the questions, the internet is a funny place where anyone can publish anything. I'm too lazy to do that, of course, but I guess my thesis work is published on the university website.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Dee said:

Have you ever been published online? How long did it take before your head exploded from too much ego? Share your story!

Not online, but I wrote an article or two for Practical Wireless many, many, many years ago (the internet hasn't always existed). I've never had much of an ego, people never really 'come down' from a big ego (other than falling, so to speak), and it's always good to remain grounded. Self-esteem is different, though, and of that I have plenty. I don't really like the spotlight, and try to avoid it whenever possible. I do, however, like it when people reply stating that what I said was good or helpful, and provides incentive or inspiration to continue.

Good luck with your blogging, here's hoping it works out well for you. :-)

(And remember not to get a big head.)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I used to write opinion columns for a campus newspaper. All of which would have been published online.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Good for you, @Dee :).

Have I ever published something online? Well, if you mean articles, then no. But, if we are talking about other types of activities, then I sure did.

I have some YouTube videos, but I have decided to give up on them long time ago, one of the reasons being the fact that YouTube became a site that is not fit for hobbist, but for subscribtions-vampires instead. Second reason, making videos began to feel more like burden to me than form of self-expression. Nowadays, I'm using different YT profile and it's for viewing videos only.

I have a long love-hate relationship with drawing in general, and as such I have a DeviantART profile. There was a time when I had like 10 drawings out there, but at some time of my career I have deleted them, due to the fact how badly I felt about my skills and development - bluntly speaking, I considered them to be shameful. But now, being more mature and stronger mentally, I recently began to upload things again, thought 1 Diablo fanart isn't much, it is still worth much more than all my previous works combined.

I also have one fanfiction about my OTP that I've started to work on long ago, and I still haven't finished. But one day, I am sure to do it.

Looking forward to other people's stories.
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    Your name is really Dee!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Your name is really Dee!

it's official: He's a Wombat!

@Dee congratulations! :)
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    That's amazing! What was the process like?
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I did some games reviewing for a site years ago, shortly after Mass Effect released. It wasn't very conducive to a ballooning ego in my experience as you'd mostly hear from the people who furiously disagreed with you.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Don't worry, I'll help take you down a notch or two.
    Your usage of semi-colons is questionable, and I didn't like the font.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I have about six pages of notes on the Assassin's Creed games. So I might give that a look, although it might not be appropriate for Gamasutra.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Decided to start an actual blog. If you've got time and the inclination to read an analysis of how Assassin's Creed has changed over the years, here it is.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264

Your name is really Dee!

Not exactly. I know his real name actually... Not that I am going to tell anyone. I don't need the wrath of the wombat king to come down upon me.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Tresset said:

Your name is really Dee!

Not exactly. I know his real name actually... Not that I am going to tell anyone. I don't need the wrath of the wombat king to come down upon me.
    Haha, silly @tresset thinks he has a secret. We all know dee is short for deeder; he's named after the bg character.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Good work!

I think i was the closer to publishing, when my origami models were included in an origami magazine in 1996. It was just paper printed, but when i search the model name, and my name on google i can find the magazine cover and the index online :)

On the other topic: i'm a terrible man, i never payed enough attention to my shoes. I rarely tend them, i just use them till they come off my feet :( However i have a good salamander one, which i bought with my wife for our weddings. It brings up good memories, when i take on that at festive occasions.