Skip to content

High-level abilities in BG:EE ?

Hi,

I am using the XP cap remover from the G3's BG2 Tweak Pack, and by reimporting a couple of times and farming for XP, I slowly reached 3 million XP in BG:EE with my Fighter/Mage/Thief (just hit Fighter level 12). But I cannot level up because there is nothing selectable in the Abilities window, therefore the Level up button remains greyed out. Is there something I can do about that ? I plan to import this character into BG2:EE afterwards.

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    HLAs are not in BGEE - which makes sense as the cap in place doesn't allow you to even reach a fraction of the XP needed to get that high.

You'll need to avoid any further level ups until BGEE2.
  • Spjuv3rnSpjuv3rn Member Posts: 61
    This mod will allow you to pick HLA and continue your steamrolling.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10900/xp-mod-teambgs-level-40-rule-set-high-level-abilities/p1
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    You reached 3 million XP in BG1!?
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Ardul "reimporting and farming"
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    Yeah I got that part. I'm just stunned by how much time that must have taken.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    You still have sanity?! O_o
  • Cal_ElCal_El Member Posts: 56
    I got a Solo Sorceress at level 11 now wondering if she can reach level 9 spells in BGEE??
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    DreadKhan said:

And sanity! Don't forget all the precious sanity it took!

"Sanity it expended" would be a better phrase.

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

DreadKhan said:

And sanity! Don't forget all the precious sanity it took!

"Sanity it expended" would be a better phrase.

Details, details...
    @Cal_El‌ I don't think so.

@Cal_El‌ I don't think so.

Damn
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Cal_El‌ You can use the level 40 mod mentioned earlier in the thread.
    @FinneousPJ‌ ok so just leveled my Sorc via CLUA and she can get lvl 9 spells. Had 3 HLA to chose, one greyed out 'Call Lightning' symbol, another Call Lightning ability selectable but with no information when selected, and Energy blades... chose Energy Blades, then got to chose 1 level 9 spell....
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Cal_El said:

I got a Solo Sorceress at level 11 now wondering if she can reach level 9 spells in BGEE??

Lol no.
    You can get level 6 spells in one playthrough if you do everything though.
    meagloth said:

Cal_El said:

Lol no.
    Out of curiosity I was wondering whether... with enough XP the spells would 'exist' in BGEE spell book at levels 7,8 & 9... which they do if you add the XP up(CLUA) ...
    meagloth said:

Cal_El said:

Lol no.
    Out of curiosity I was wondering whether... with enough XP the spells would 'exist' in BGEE spell book at levels 7,8 & 9... which they do if you add the XP up(CLUA) ...
    @Cal_El That's surprising. Perhaps it's added by whatever mod you used to remove XP cap?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @FinneousPJ‌ The spells are in the game AFAIK. It's the HLAs that need to be added.
    I see
    mlnevese said:

@FinneousPJ‌ The spells are in the game AFAIK. It's the HLAs that need to be added.

Indeed... like I said suprisingly there is Energy Blades HLA and a couple blank ones using the Call Lightning Icon... but thats it...