Skip to content

Pausing shows too much info? HOW TO UNDO?

MWOMWO Member Posts: 214
Heya!

After the recent patch there has been many bugfixes etc. which is a job well done. However, when I pause the game it shows annoylingly much info, e.g. what time it is, year etc. instead of the usual "paused". Is there any way to "get rid of that" extra information? I find it very annoying - it's just too much info and kinda wasted in the middle of a battle. I've attached a file for you to understand what I mean :-)

Regards!

ElectricMonkErgRavenslight

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I've edited your post so that everyone can see what you mean.

According to @Jalily‌ 's answer here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/559753/#Comment_559753

there's no way to turn this change, made by the patch, off.

Although the pause messages aren't new, the date mentioning in the pause messages IS new.

There seem to be quite a lot of people who don't like this change (as the quoted thread shows), so there's a hope we can get an option to hide the date mentioning in the pause messages.

Let's see if it will be the same in IWDEE and the BG2EE patch (personally, I think that this date mentioning is excessive).

It would be cool to have an option in the game options to change the pause message details, I think.
    Ravenslight
  • djcdjc Member Posts: 76
    It adds unnecessary clutter while representing information that is irrelevant most of the time. Options, please.
    meaglothErgCrevsDaakArdul
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Why is it exceedingly disturbing, though? Seems to me like it doesn't affect anything. At all.

It's not a huge deal but it's annoying and ugly, and doesn't seem to have any purpose.
    Ergthe_spyderCrevsDaak
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @meagloth That's true, but too many options is a thing. You don't want an option for everything...
    CrevsDaakFredjo
    Is the message upon pause really so big a deal we need multiple options for it? Come on guys.
    CrevsDaakatcDaveFredjojoluv
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756

too many options is a thing. You don't want an option for everything...

Not necessarily in the option menu, but even something to add in a ini file would do for me (like for ToBEx on the original games) .
    meaglothCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    Yes, that might work, if it doesn't take much developer time.
    CrevsDaak
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I agree that it is mildly annoying and would like to see it fixed. I don't think it is 'Burn the house down' bad.
    NimranCrevsDaak
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    How about showing the date and time whenever a area transition happens. Plave it with the travelling time. Less clutterful
    CrevsDaakRavenslight
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    RavenslightdunbarJuliusBorisovFredjo
  • djcdjc Member Posts: 76
    This feature should have at least a .ini-toggle, but, truth be told, the game could benefit a lot from a expanded gameplay options-screen. Many of the design decisions haven't been met by full approval: by increasing customizability (especially concerning UI & HUD-elements) everyone could play the game just the way they like to play it.
  • Cal_ElCal_El Member Posts: 56
    elminster said:

I agree that it is mildly annoying and would like to see it fixed. I don't think it is 'Burn the house down' bad.

This young girl looks guilty.... !o.O!