Skip to content

Dual Classing to Cleric from Fighter only possible with character editer?

So, I figured maybe it'd be interesting to make myself an evil fighter ---) cleric and have a less annoying evil Anomen equivalent for BG2.

I've got all the fixin's even sacrificed some stats to make sure I had 9 int and 16 wis as well as being human, but upon reaching my desired level for dual classing (7) I find that the only option available to me is Thief. I then was like, Ok, whatever, I'll test out if I could do it in BG2, and I find the same character has no dual class options at all (the dual class option is blacked out altogether) at the start.

Is making a dual classed fighter to cleric build only possible with a savegame/char editing program? Or have I made some dreadful mistake somewhere?

Human, NE, Fighter 7, 18,15,18,9,16,7. Shouldn't these stats work for such a build?

Comments

• GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    So, dreadful mistakes were made! This is what I get for never playing humans lol. Thanks :D
    JuliusBorisov
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    If you have not yet used the Wisdom tomes you can still recover the character... although dumping CHA more would have allowed you to max WIS as well.
    Yeah the situation was recovered - got my dual class in and finished up the game quite nicely :D
    NimranJuliusBorisovRAM021
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Way to go!
    JuliusBorisov
    Yeah, I sadly only got to play 2ed a few times and never really messed around with dual classing in BG - pry shoulda' broke out my faithful manual before I tried to delve into it, but it turned out. The char is a joy to play.
    RAM021