Skip to content

Ankheg Play-Test Result #2: Level 5 Minsc Solo

Criteria: --Level 5 Minsc --AC(-6) -- 43 HP [Minsc has 33 HP if recruited at Level 4]
Full Plate Mail, Large Shield +1, Ring of Princes, Elven Bane belt, Varscona
THACO 11-- 2pips in Large Sword
My game is BG-ToSC Complete [Vanilla] so BGEE results might be different.
Test subject ~ Ankheg in the main treasure room with Nathan's body.

Minsc, in solo headlong attack, was 100% successful in each of the 20 trials. Average dmge sustained was 8.55. Damage total only surpassed 20pts twice. Once peaking at 33pts and one Minsc barely survived without the aid of healing potions with 41pts dmge.

Comments

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Umm what's the point of this trial?
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    DreadKhan said:

Science!

Important science!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Minsc with Varscona and a large shield, still getting bonuses from his proficiencies -> this is what I miss in BGEE.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

Important (and very scientific) question though: What difficulty was the game on?

hahahahahahaha, that is AWESOME :)
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

Important (and very scientific) question though: What difficulty was the game on?

I have seen dogs with the brains of scientists, tis true I swear!
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    Test was True ADD [Core] difficulty. I also forgot to mention Gauntlets of Dexterity.

I like the idea of Science. My father was a Research Chemist [Synthetic fibers].

I, however, prefer to think of it as reflecting what kind of military commander I would be. One who expended every effort on gaining as much accurate information of all kinds as possible before entering a foreseeable battle and then making damn sure that appropriate training and logistical support was in place.

The Fog of War will arise whatever you do so removing as much cluelessness as possible beforehand makes it most likely that you will recover your tactical balance before the opponents do!! Also helps to control Stress if you know you have really done your homework.

After that the point is that I have never ventured into the small party or solo playthrough world so far. So this is kind of an exploration of one levelling possibility that has RP possibilities
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    What about Ankheg Play-Test Result #1?
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/35811/some-play-test-results-sleep-wand-of-sleep-blindness-command-versus-ankhegs-50-each#latest Compared results of Blind, Sleep, Wand of Sleep and Command. Apparently in BGEE the 1st lvl cleric spell Command works every time though briefly. My game [probably until Christmas...] is an earlier (vanilla) Tales of the Sword Coast.