Skip to content

Soulmarine's IWD:EE FrostWood GUI

SoulmarineSoulmarine Member Posts: 70
edited November 2014 in IWD:EE Mods

ALL DOWNLOADS & UPDATES RELATED TO IWD:EE FROSTWOOD GUI MOD

IWD:EE has arrived ...
New GUI Updates Soon!, take a look at General IWD/BG Wood gui thread meanwhile for details & devlog

Development in progress ~35% complete

FrostWood GUI - MAINMENU

FrostWood GUI - INVENTORY

FrostWood GUI - INGAME TEST

FrostWood GUI - UI Elements

FrostWood GUI - New CGEAR Animation

ANIMATED GUI CONCEPTS (partially supported by engine)

Problems/Bugs with GUI animations:
Current Engine Cannot loop movies
Current Engine Cannot load movies in "bottom" layer of GUI, they are always on "top"
Engine for some reason decrease Movie Frame rate & reduce Quality on playback in game

Color Picker Update

Post edited by Soulmarine on
JuliusBorisovGloomfrostMikaalhook71SigleafAedancmk24axellsladekaguanaKamigoroshigeminibrunialannahsmithWandering_MinstrelMathsorcererFlashburnKerthaljackjackAK47Drow_ArrowAbelSapphireIce101AndreaColomboCrevsDaakVarwulfbooinyoureyeslunarKenjiGuboBalquoEtamindeathdoGJustLeftdvdbangsrudTEMNOZORANSmilingSwordIceArmsOxvaKurumiSharGuidesMyHandmorbicinethelminsterIchigoRXCSo_LoWbrusGrammarsaladsemiticgoddessAxieQueegonSiriellelolienDaemoniaIsewein

Comments

• SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    Man, keep going, this is awesome !!!
    SoulmarinejackjackelminsterKenji
  • SigleafSigleaf Member Posts: 22
    This is looking great, keep up the work! Waiting to do my play through of IWD for this mod haha :D
    SoulmarinejackjackelminsterKenji
  • AK47AK47 Member Posts: 28
    This is magic ! Like the DKC snow stages with the snes ;)
    SoulmarineelminsterKenji
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    until now i would have never installed a gui-mod to an *EE game - the beamdog/overhaul-ones just were okay to me and the changes mods provided were were nitpicking insignifances ...
    this has changed now with seeing this - should be patched into official when it's out :-)
    SoulmarinejackjackKenji
  • SoulmarineSoulmarine Member Posts: 70
    Casadoom said:

The UI looks absolutely stunning but I feel that your button placement in the inventory screen is not very convenient, especially since the bag space is split to two positions.Other than that, it is amazing (especially the animations)!

Thanks
    Button placement is as it is because i gave a lot of screen space to main character assets (armor, boots, helmet, etc..) to pop out from other inventory blocks, so it consumes a lot of screen space.
    So this layout (splitting the bag in 2 left & right) is very logical for this design, from my point of view.
    Thanks for the info ;)

Kenji
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I'd recommend making the font on the Inventory screen of a different color (it's hard to see!) rather than white (which is the default), black would go nice. Also, it's hard to see the Gold Pieces number, besides it's confusing what slots are the Ground pile and which ones are the Inventory slots.

Also, watch out because the fields for the HP, AC and Damage seem to be a bit small for some high values (imagine that you can achieve at least more than a hundred HP, minus AC up to -27 (maybe not without cheesing, but you can very easily get -20 or even -22) and two-digits (both min and max) damage numbers).

And, it would be nice if the skulls in the pause button/clock aren't frozen, and when you pause the game, then they get frozen!
    SoulmarinejackjackJuliusBorisovFlashburn
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    edited November 2014
    As asked for criticism: i too think that animations and also the snow-piles are a bit "much" for a functional panel like inventory screen. I like the "frozen" look, but maybe a little less snow would do it just as well (that's primarily the inventory screen, it feels okay for start screen etc.)
    elminsterSoulmarineIsewein
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    Considering we're getting a combination of snow, rain, and ice right now, I approve of this GUI!
    Wandering_MinstrelSoulmarinejackjack
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Please make the GUI dynamic, so it checks local weather based on IP, and changes the GUI accordingly to what's outside my window.

Thanks!
    Wandering_MinstrelSoulmarinejackjack
    edited November 2014

Please make the GUI dynamic, so it checks local weather based on IP, and changes the GUI accordingly to what's outside my window.
    Thanks!

Nice idea, but this is not possible on vanilla IWDEE.
    Maybe possible by using 3'rd party apps, like Rainmeter (yes i know rainmeter is desktop customization api, but it have some cool scripting features, that can be used for this idea) and it's weather scripts to check weather (by your area code or IP), and then copy correct graphics files from some cache folder (mos, bam, etc) to IWD override folder depending on weather change. (refreshed by some time interval as you script it in rainmeter).I'm sure it would work.
    As i remember BGEE 1st release version automatically update override graphic change on load or area transition, on 1.3patch in BGEE and IWDEE you have to exit the game and Run it again to accept override changes....
    For this idea i would have to create graphics for several weather conditions,and rainmeter UI & scripts... that's a hell of a lot of work :/
    Unfortunately This Gui mod will be compatible only with Vanilla IWDEE Engine and it's future updates...(for now)

Thanks for the idea, maybe someone will create this in future....
    Post edited by Soulmarine on
    Sylvus_Moonbow
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    Man, looking at these UI gives me the chills.

The good kind of chills, the proper ones that denizens of Icewind Dale should feel.

I'll bet Auril approves of this mod.
    SoulmarineelminsterJuliusBorisovDJKajuru
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Kenji said:

Man, looking at these UI gives me the chills.

The good kind of chills, the proper ones that denizens of Icewind Dale should feel.

I'll bet Auril approves of this mod.

*Demands whole sack of money to avoid the cold caused by this GUI*

Now she would >:D
    jackjackSoulmarineJuliusBorisovKenji
  • prowlerprowler Member Posts: 9
    For IWDEE will be only FrostWood GUI? Or also will be Spring&Clean?
    Anyway your work is awesome! And a special thanks for mod for Vanilla IWD!
    elminster
    Frostwood for IWD, Clean wood UI for BG, for the old spring concept i have not decided yet..
    elminsterjackjack
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    Is there a version of this that brings the original IWD wood UI to IWD:EE?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    agris said:

Not to speak for anyone else, but this seems like something better handled by a different mod. Between this and his Menzoberranzan mod, I think @Soulmarine‌ may have his hands full.
    Soulmarine
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    jackjack said:

agris said:

Not to speak for anyone else, but this seems like something better handled by a different mod. Between this and his Menzoberranzan mod, I think @Soulmarine‌ may have his hands full.
    That's fine, but I thought there was a 'neutral' wood version in the works.
    jackjack
  • jimmysdabestcopjimmysdabestcop Member Posts: 74
    Desire this so bad
    elminsterSoulmarineJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Just wanted to point out although I haven't really commented or anything I am really impressed and am avidly watching for updates - as I'm sure many other silent forum lurkers are too.

Great stuff so far. Really amazing.
    elminsterSoulmarineJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak