Skip to content

Would you use the cheat code in BG-EE ?

darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
As we know , sometime the enemies are quite strong especially you play the game through "Evil" route

If you use the cheat code to get more powerful weapons and characters?
  1. Would you use the cheat code in BG-EE ?198 votes
    1. Yes !!! To use cheat code then i can kill all of people that i want to kill..
      24.75%
    2. No !!! The cheat code will break the gameplay , i prefer to search this world by myself
      75.25%

Comments

• Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324
    I've never used any cheat codes or the clua console.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I'll first make an attempt to search everything myself, but afterward I may well use the cheat to see what I may have missed.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    Malbortus said:

I use for convenience: ExploreArea to cleanup the fog of war when I'm done with a zone, or CreateItem some extra (normal) arrows when I run out... Del..
    So I could not vote.

Agree ! unfortunately , i can't edit the option to increase new one.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    Lemernis said:

I'll first make an attempt to search everything myself, but afterward I may well use the cheat to see what I may have missed.

I am same with you ~ i will go through the game one time by myself , then use the cheat code to save my time and get more fun ,

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I generally try to avoid cheating. Did twice in BG2 though, first I tried getting the scroll with the teleport spell from the first game since it had been removed from my spellbook. That didn't work out too well, got another scroll instead. Second time was after losing a stat point at a certain point in the plot, I created one of those stat gain books to "heal" my stat again.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    In one instance and one instance only: I will use insta-healing to restore my characters when they engage Drizzt. If he gibs them, they're legitimately dead (I don't resurrect NPCs), but with the pathfinding exploits fixed I see no other way to kill him.
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    edited August 2012
    After an initial normal playthrough, I will usually do some solo runs where I'm not really playing for immersion. I use the console to give my char a little edge at the beginning, maybe like a decent armor set or weapon. I never use the insta-heal or insta-kill commands though.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    More often than not, the only cheat I use is Ctrl+J, to cross larger maps once I've already explored them.

At this point I've played the game so many times that I know when tele-jumping is okay, and when it's going to break stuff.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    How do you use the cheat codes in BG? Or the cluaconsole? It never seemed to work for me in the first BG. :/
  • MechanicMechanic Member Posts: 1
    Never touch the stuff

How do you use the cheat codes in BG? Or the cluaconsole? It never seemed to work for me in the first BG. :/

It involves editing baldur.ini and adding a line of code (Debug Mode=1, I think). Pressing Ctrl+SPACE opens up the dialog, and then you type in "CLUAConsole:" followed by whatever cheats you want to use.

You can use it to fix problems by altering global or local values, or you can use it to give yourself equipment or to summon NPCs. Once I used it to summon Sarevok and Elminster, and made them fight a battle to the death. (Sarevok won - but since Elminster has no death animation, it crashed the game :P)
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    edited August 2012
    I'll use ExploreArea to get rid of the ugly fog of war, but that's about it.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Aosaw said:

It involves editing baldur.ini and adding a line of code (Debug Mode=1, I think). Pressing Ctrl+SPACE opens up the dialog, and then you type in "CLUAConsole:" followed by whatever cheats you want to use.

You can use it to fix problems by altering global or local values, or you can use it to give yourself equipment or to summon NPCs. Once I used it to summon Sarevok and Elminster, and made them fight a battle to the death. (Sarevok won - but since Elminster has no death animation, it crashed the game :P)
    "CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys()" first... I dont know how I remember this, im not a cheater - I swear!!!
    edited August 2012
    When I first discovered it, I was killing NPCs and adding wild animals to my party all over the place.

But at a certain point I discovered that I had messed up the world so badly that I didn't know where to go or what to do anymore. So I had to start over.

Did you know that if you add Sarevok into your party, sometimes he'll attack the protagonist anyway? Guy just doesn't give up!
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    wait, i will use the boots of speed code until the come up with a walking speed mod but that's just for running around, i don't use it to kite enemies.

But this also means i can't use any of the other boots so i see it more as a trade off then a cheat, other then that, nope, won't use it :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I can't vote. I don't like either of the options (this is why sometimes it is best to leave an other option on polls). I have been known to cheat. Namely I will sometimes create a character in BG1 (without cheating during character creation) and cheat in 1 tome of each stat (3 tomes in the case of wisdom). Once I've identified them all and used them I will proceed to the friendly arm in, grab the golden pantaloons, and then export my game for BG2. I don't do it often, but for creating a character that I want to have available as an option at a later date it is nice to have it ready for use. I could just use shadowkeeper, but I normally only use that in the case of issues with romances or world variables in saved games that I am really tied into.
  • Callofthebeast34Callofthebeast34 Member Posts: 16
    To me cheating ruins the game, yes it's fun but I don't know I just enjoy the challenge and the satisfaction :)
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    I see no reason to cheat me trough a game...
  • taletotelltaletotell Member Posts: 74
    I have played new characters dozens of times (without dinishing) The first and second time I didn't cheat.
    Every other time I have messed around to vary the exerpience. I intend to play through bgee with hard times installed to bring up costs and make it feel more real, and maybe "full plate and packing steel" since I like the armor mods that make it harder. This is going to be great.
  • MoonsongMoonsong Member Posts: 36
    Only for my bag of holding. I am a packrat!
  • EpitomyofShynessEpitomyofShyness Member Posts: 113
    I am a terrible strategist, I have never made it through any BG game without cheats.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    The only time I've ever used it is to compensate for a bug in the game.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited August 2012
    I have no need for "god" weapons or "death" armors. Hell, I'd even fight dragons, mindflayers and liches wearing nothing at all and having a crochet needle equipped in my off-hand.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Cheat codes. They way of the cowards.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Cheat codes. They way of the cowards.

Trollish comment don't you think?
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    I always play any given game with no cheats, and later I might use some, but if I do, its usually to a minimal extent. Either that or I go all out using excessive cheats just to mess around for a couple hours...
  • theJoshFrosttheJoshFrost Member Posts: 171
    Not in BG1, but I will in Throne Of Bhaal, because the dragons in that game are !#$&@ing ridiculous.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    To be honest i just don't feel the need to cheat BG. From stats to in game things i just happily run through it.
  • EilerEiler Member Posts: 93
    edited August 2012
    I used it frequently to repair broken quest states but never for the purpose of trivializing content. I played with it a few times to do odd stuff like summoning Boo.