Skip to content

View of game absurdly large - help?

SkyeSkye Member Posts: 3
So I'm running IWDEE on a Razer Blade laptop with Windows 8. Problem is, I'll start the game up and it appears to be zoomed in to something like 600% the normal size, focused on the top left corner. The Z- command doesn't help, and I've tried windowed mode (Alt+enter) -which only partially fixes the problem... While windowed mode lets me see the whole game screen, it doesn't let the mouse cursor move the map when pointed against any of the edges of the game screen, leaving me stuck in the current viewable area. No luck finding help with this issue online so far... I'd appreciate any help here!
Thanks in advance

Comments

• SkyeSkye Member Posts: 3
    Figured out that arrow keys move the map just fine... Though if anyone could propose a true solution, it would be much appreciated.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Assuming z- means you can't zoom out, does the + key allow you to zoom in even further. If it doesn't, can you check Options > Graphics and see if zoom lock is selected.

Can you see the left, right and bottom menus or does only part of the left menu show. Former would indicate it is the game zoom at fault, latter would indicate you may have a graphics configuration that is treating fullscreen as being much larger than your laptop display.

Thanks

• SkyeSkye Member Posts: 3
    I can zoom in further. Only part of my upper left menu buttons show.
    OK.

Are you using the laptop screen on it's own or have you got other monitors plugged in.
    If you use the Fn/Monitor key selection does Windows show "PC Screen only"
    What screen resolution is the laptop set to.
    After setting the game to Full Screen and quitting, what values are in your documents/icewind dale - enhanced edition\baldur.ini file for
    - 'Window', 'w', '????'
    - 'Window', 'h', '????'
    What does the Options > Graphics screen show in-game (similar to below).
    @Skye‌ could you try the below and see if that helps.
    Thanks

Right click on icewind.exe, choose compatibility, and disable DPI scaling.