Skip to content

IWD:EE standalone installer - slow download speed

It's still stuck at less than 10KBs a sec at 2.6GB, and attempts to restart the installer and rescan the files yielded the same result. The current size is 2.60 GB (2,794,457,084 bytes).

Comments

• JoviwanJoviwan Member Posts: 28
    edited October 2014
    I'm using the beamdog client and having similar trouble. Does your client have a Turbo option somewhere? I enabled that on my beamdog client and got some more speed, and am slowly crawling past 99.6% from where it had stalled at 98.5%.

UPDATE: Finally finished. The download wasn't broken, it just took for *ever*.
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151
    The Beamdog client failed for me as well, it got stuck at 97.7%
    I had enough, if Beamdog still can't even keep up its server at an acceptable speed, I should demand a refund.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @Pekingduckman‌
    I haven't seen this with IWD:EE but can remember the Beamdog client doing a similar thing with BG:EE. Clicking the progress circle once to pause the download and clicking again after 10 seconds or so seemed to help.

Presumably you have a reasonable amount of disk space left for it to use.
    Thanks
  • wasnewasne Member Posts: 4
    I too am having the same problem, I starting downloading it about 3 days ago now and it's not budging from around 97%, tried both the stand alone and the beamdog installer. Anyone worked out a solution yet? I've sent a ticket to beamdog but no reply, tried turning off antivirus, pausing and unpausing etc. but still stuck... really want to just download it from steam/GOG but I'd need a refund first
  • Dee_ShimonDee_Shimon Member Posts: 3
    I'm stuck at the same location (around 97.9%) for the last 3 days also. Pausing and restarting does not help. Nor does the Turbo Mode setting (whether on or off).
    I actually had to download the rest of the game at work, apparently the internet at my place blocked some ports accessing to Beamdog's servers.
  • Dee_ShimonDee_Shimon Member Posts: 3
    Based on Pekingduckman's experience, I tethered my PC to a 4G LTE hotspot and was able to get the remaining portion downloaded. After the fact, I looked at my Comcast cable modem and noticed the default settings blocked a lot of P2P ports. I'd suspect that had something to do with my issues.
  • madmaximusmadmaximus Member Posts: 140
    Same thing happened to me, took 10 minutes to download to 97.8%. been hours now and still no progress. That's the shit I don't like beamdog.