Skip to content

#6350 Game stopped working and now will not load (no sound playback device present)

missescallamissescalla Member Posts: 17
edited November 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Baldurs Gate II EE Stopped Loading while in game.. and cannot load since
So, I have finished Baldurs Gate. I installed my character from that game into BG II, and am well into the second chapter of Shadows of Amn. No bugs or quirks.. then suddenly...

Moving from BG to Umar Hills, the game stopped loading.. just black screen and a BG II is not responding...

So, I shut the game down and rebooted my computer.

I loaded Steam, and ran as administrator. I verified my game cache and it came back all good.

I loaded the game. I get to the selection screen, of Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhall, Black Pits... and when I select... It goes to a black screen and cycles cycles cycles, but nothing loads after that. I have tried loading Throne of Bhall and Black Pits and the same thing happens.

I can go into the option screen, and look at graphics, sound, video.. but I cannot load the game.

I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it.. and Still..I cannot get past that selection screen.
I am not computer savy, at all..

Please help me.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited November 2014
    @missescalla‌
    On the menu screen where you select Shadows of Amn / Throne of Bhaal / Black Pits II, is there any music playing? It sounds similar to what happens when there is no sound device present.
  • missescallamissescalla Member Posts: 17
    That was exactly what it is.. my son took my head phones.. and didn't plug my speakers in.. You are amazing!
This discussion has been closed.