Skip to content

Mother Egenia is so greedy

I just saved you man and now you want Gold for your healing services which I could actually use to have an easier time saving the rest of the villagers and actually defeat the unknown threat.

Comments

• DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    I could and I did but what sort of behavior is that for a good aligned priest. Well in PnP rules spells use additional resources so there it would make more sense.
  • Aron_TimesAron_Times Member Posts: 18
    Raise Dead and Resurrection are horribly expensive to cast in PnP, as they require thousands of gp worth of diamonds per casting and success is not guaranteed (the dead person can refuse the rez, or a god can deny it, or maybe the soul isn't free to return, i.e. Trap the Soul spell. Basically, diamonds in D&D are expensive partly because they're rare and partly because they're used to bring people back to life. In IWD, these spells are heavily discounted and you don't even need diamonds to cast them.

But yeah, the various healing spells don't require expensive material components. I suspect Egenia is really a priestess of Waukeen in disguise.
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    @CutlassJack‌
    Your comment made me chuckle.

But in all seriousness, every game needs gold sinks, and Egenia is one of IWD's.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    So, either she washes your hands in molten gold, or you can throw money at her if you have too much.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,735
    If you call Mother Egenia greedy, how would you call Conlan when, after you save his only son, he gives only a hammer and 100+ coins? :)
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    Jarrakul said:

A hammer, mind you, that there's like an 80% chance you've already stolen.

well if you steal from him you really shouldn't complain.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968

But in all seriousness, every game needs gold sinks, and Egenia is one of IWD's.

Only if you're foolish enough to give it to her. All you need to do is rest with her around.

• CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    It'd be funny if she picked your pockets for the privileged.