Skip to content

BG2 Tweaks works on IWDEE

CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
Despite the name, BG2 Tweaks works just fine on IWDEE. Do not try installing IWD Tweaks on IWDEE.

Comments

• CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    Thanks @CamDawg‌
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Essential if you want your dwarf bard, halfling paladin and so on :)
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    Or just like higher stacks of everything :)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Excellent, HALFLING PALADIN AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    maybe it could be renamed EE Tweaks some time in future :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    @CamDawg Would you ever reconsider the "all random drops" option for the random loot? I know you weren't keen on it before, but it's not really any more cheaty than full hp on level up and many other good options in the tweak packs.
  • RamzaRamza Member Posts: 112
    The improved shapeshifter component of BG2tweaks creates the paw item as normal, but it has an invalid string as it's name, description, and name under the AC section.imageimage
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Hudzy said:

@CamDawg Would you ever reconsider the "all random drops" option for the random loot? I know you weren't keen on it before, but it's not really any more cheaty than full hp on level up and many other good options in the tweak packs.

And the idea is that you'd get all, or just select one and the others disappear?
    Ramza said:

The improved shapeshifter component of BG2tweaks creates the paw item as normal, but it has an invalid string as it's name, description, and name under the AC section.

Ah, we're looking for fixed BG2 strings, my bad. I'll get this fixed for v17.
    CamDawg said:

And the idea is that you'd get all, or just select one and the others disappear?

All. I know it's not original intent and all, but I just love loot I guess. And I tend to play level 1 starts in HoF and I want all the loot I can get.
  • AssarCZEAssarCZE Member Posts: 25
    I noticed a little problem. If Thieving Skills and Arcane Casting in Heavy Armor is installed, then in armor descriptions the percentage penalty is missing. I have v16 installed.
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    So should we see IWD:EE roughly like IWD in BG2 engine? The problems that arise seem to be from items that are different to the ones in BG2.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Geez, you read my mind. I just came here from Gibberlings Three to see if the Tweak Pack was compatible with IWD:EE, which I happen to be downloading at this very moment. Thanks for the clarification.
  • VechoVecho Member Posts: 1
    I have trouble with the BG2Tweaks. I Started the exe, but the command window won't take any input no matter whiich key i hit in the keyboard.
  • KerthalKerthal Member Posts: 68
    Hudzy said:

CamDawg said:

All. I know it's not original intent and all, but I just love loot I guess. And I tend to play level 1 starts in HoF and I want all the loot I can get.
    That would be great to have a component like that one in the Tweaks pack :)
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    edited November 2014
    Oops, never mind.

• FRUTZKFRUTZK Member Posts: 18
    This is great! Thanks for the heads up. I do so love multiclass grandmastery. I was wondering if there is an HLA adding mod? Or can I just use from BG2EE?
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    edited November 2014
    @CamDawg‌

I installed IWD Tweaks, but substituted its Weidu with the 236 version, so there! :P

Though the thing I was looking forward to most -- new icons -- couldn't install :(
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    when changing rings' of protection function to disable ac protection and switching it back on they permanently become wearable with other magical armors and protection accesories
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    I can confirm this. Also item descriptions are not updated. Wakizashis are still described as ninja to/scimitar/wakizashi and not as katana but proficiency works correctly.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for this - having good fun soloing my Gnome Fighter/Illusionist/Thief.
  • IdeogesIdeoges Member Posts: 10
    Hi, I have also BG1 EE installed with the tweaks. When I start the exe within the IWD EE directory, it shows me which mods I have already installed and if I like to reinstall, uninstall the different parts...

Does the tweaks interfere between the two games aka, should I uninstall BG1 EE? Is it possible to start the tweaks free from the installed one from BG EE?
    If you run the downloaded tweaks exe from anywhere else (like desktop), it asks you to pick the installation directory and won't interfere with any other installation of tweaks elsewhere.

Running the version that gets placed in the game directory after installing is just going to edit that specific installation.
  • IdeogesIdeoges Member Posts: 10
    @Hudzy Thank you!
  • Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrel Member Posts: 197
    I have had some issues with the "Alter Weapon Proficiency System" component. The descriptions for the weapons that the component covers are listed as "invalid". Also, I put a * in scimitar for one of my PCs yet he would get a penalty for using one.
  • B4nJ0B4nJ0 Member Posts: 93
    Is there a chance that the random drop improvement will work on IWD?

I'm looking for both tokens and merchant swap system ;)
    It's not available from the current BG2 Tweaks version, but CamDawg mentioned IWD specific tweaks were coming in the next version.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Hudzy said:

It's not available from the current BG2 Tweaks version, but CamDawg mentioned IWD specific tweaks were coming in the next version.

Would you mind giving a link?
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525

Would you mind giving a link?

It's in this very thread, I believe.