Skip to content

Enemies who are immune to web...

This might be a HoF thing but I've noticed that Verbeeg in the forgotten temple didn't get webbed at all no matter how many they were surrounded by. And neither did the lizard men in dragon's eye. Trolls haven't been immune. Spiders, as expected, are immune. I remember in the original game nearly everyone succumbed to Web. Has this been changed for EE?
Is there a rule that determines who is or isn't immune?
Thanks

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I like changes like this since they open up more room for creativity. Perhaps you are a mage who likes to cast Web but also likes to summon monsters who are unaffected by Web, so they get an advantage in combat. Sounds fun to me!
  • LiggLigg Member Posts: 187

I like changes like this since they open up more room for creativity. Perhaps you are a mage who likes to cast Web but also likes to summon monsters who are unaffected by Web, so they get an advantage in combat. Sounds fun to me!

I never thought of that. From memory, in the original game, shadow creature summons had large circles. If that's unchanged then I can see your tactic working. I'm currently using something similar with summoned undead fighting in a (much undervalued) stinking cloud.
    I've just read several comments about spell tactics and the nearly all used the term 'nerfed' to describe Web. I suppose you can turn any nerf to your advantage. Isn't that what tactics are?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Enemies who are immune to web... are tough!