Skip to content

#10643 [All] It should not be possible to detect or disarm traps on the staircase in AR8012

iainiain Member Posts: 3
edited December 2014 in Troubleshooting
Hi,

At the point in the game where you need to use the six badges to activate the staircase, I've used all six badges but I can't ascend the stairs - no icon appears allowing me to do so.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Could you zip & attach a save at this stage please @iain‌
    Thanks
  • iainiain Member Posts: 3
    What save file do I need - is it the .sav extension?
  • iainiain Member Posts: 3
    here is a zip
    edited November 2014
    @iain‌
    Updated save attached (variable ALL_KEYS should have had a value of 6 but was missing).

Can you advise what was going on when you used the badges - was there any combat going on for example or were you playing in multiplayer mode either alone or with friends. I'd like to understand how this happened so we can look to correct it.
    Thanks
  • Reaper4571Reaper4571 Member Posts: 4
    I just ran into the same problem. I've used all the badges, but the "forcefield," for lack of a better term, that shows up under detect traps still blocks the stairs and I can't progress. When I used the badges I was in single player, and no combat was going on.
    @Reaper4571‌ I've verified your id and will do a workaround if you zip & attach a save.

So we can track this down, as many of the below as possible would help.
    - An earlier save before you tried to use the badges.
    - What platform (PC, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux).
    - Where you purchased (Beamdog, Steam, GoG, Apple store, Android store).
    - If any of your party members were stunned, held, confused, etc.
    - Any mods, or edits applied earlier in NI / DLTCEP / EE Keeper.
    - Anything else you think of that may be relevant.

I'll have another look in the meantime in case I spot anything.
    Thanks
    Hi Gate70

I'm sorry but unfortunately I don't have an earlier save file. I'm on the PC, I bought the game through Steam, I'm not using any mods, and I don't remember for sure, but I don't think any of my party members were stunned, held, confused, etc.

I remember I did the idol fight and found the staircase before I got all the badges. I disarmed all the badge slot traps, and activated 5 of the slots. I went and got the last badge, but when I came back and activated the final slot the stair case remained unusable, even though the last slot is no longer usable. Attached is the save file.

Thanks for your help!
    OK, you've given me a couple more things to think about @Reaper4571‌

Try this save.
    Thanks
    Thanks a lot man, with that save I was able to use the staircase and get to the next area. Let me know if you need anything that might help track down what caused the bug.
    @Reaper4571‌
    You mentioned badge slot traps. I don't get those when I started a new game and moved to that area, nor did I see it in alpha or beta testing. Are you sure there were traps there?
    Thanks
    I know that they showed up as red, and I could use my rogue to disarm them...not sure if my rogue detected them or if they showed up after a detect traps spell. I detected/disarmed them before I ever tried to use them so I'm not sure if they actually had a trap effect, or if they were like the stair forcefield where it shows up as a trap, but doesn't do anything.
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760

I know that they showed up as red, and I could use my rogue to disarm them...not sure if my rogue detected them or if they showed up after a detect traps spell.

Confirmed.

Disarming the "traps" is what causes the issue. It will be addressed.

jackjack
  • zedagainzedagain Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

I am on the fallen temple map and stuck at the staircase to the ascension cave. It took hundreds of tries to remove traps before my rogue was able to touch the icon. Once it was finally untrapped, my party was unable to use the staircase. They don't seem to be able to get close enough.

They also don't seem to be following the path of the stair case... The run directly to the staircase icon rather than up and around the circular staircase to the icon.

Please help. Completely blocked here. All six badges got used to open the stairwell but it left the perdium one in my inventory.
    @zedagain‌
    I've merged your post into a previous report.

You shouldn't need to remove traps at this point, that's the bug. If you can't load an earlier save, there are a couple of options depending whether you can use the console.

Console commands
    C:GetGlobal("All_Keys","GLOBAL")
    if the value returned is not 6, update it.
    C:SetGlobal("All_Keys","GLOBAL",6)

Otherwise, zip and attach a save here so we can edit it for you.
    Thanks
    I am on an iPad. For some reason the console was removed and I have no idea how to upload a save. Is there instructions on getting the save to zip anywhere?

Maybe I wasn't clear though. After all six badges were dropped into their slots there was still a massive trap. I removed the trap and am unable to use the door that remains. There is no trap anymore, just a door icon that the characters can't get close enough to.

I have a quicksave and an auto save but both are post badge unlock because I wandered a bit thinking I had missed something obvious.

Hoping for a solution,
    Zack
    If you have a Mac or PC @zedagain‌ you can use iFunbox or iTools to obtain the save. There are details in some of the older threads, e.g. http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11504/transferring-bgee-saves-to-ipad/p1

The bug report observed/expected section (copied below) confirms the staircase and badges are all being treated together.

Observed:
    The badge slots and the staircase highlight as trapped

Expected:
    The badge slots and the staircase should not highlight as trapped
    I don't have a Mac or a pc. So with the console disabled I guess I am on my own?

Lame. I was enjoying this title a bunch but running into a game ending bug definitely has paled my enthusiasm.
  • mapscarletmapscarlet Member Posts: 4
    Hi @Gate70‌ I'm having the same issue. Badge slots were trapped and now I can't access the stairs after getting all 6. See attached for savegame zip.
  • mapscarletmapscarlet Member Posts: 4
    Ok the console command worked. Thanks @Gate70‌
    Gate70JuliusBorisov
  • veriaxveriax Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys. Having the exact same issue. Can not use the stairs due to disarming traps. Trying to edit the save game file, but its all jibberish. Anyone here that can edit it for me? All the best!
  • veriaxveriax Member Posts: 2
    Trying to attach the file... :)