Skip to content

IWD EE Very, very slow

auburn2auburn2 Member Posts: 13
I just got IWD EE and it runs very, very slow. About 4-5 seconds to say cast sleep (not in a battle either).

Both BG and BG2 ran fine.

The computer is a Gateway laptop with a Turian X2 RM-72 dual core 2.1MHz, It 3 MB RAM and 92 GB of free hard disk space. It uses an ATI graphics card and is running Windows Vista.

Any idear to speed it up?
Thorek85

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Open baldur.ini and try adding this:
    'Graphics',	'Shaders',	'0',
    JuliusBorisovlolienCrevsDaakThorek85
  • auburn2auburn2 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks, that helped a little bit but not much
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    3mb RAM, that doesn't sound right.

You could check you have the latest driver for your graphics card and Vista. Do you know what model card and the current driver.
    CrevsDaakConjurerDragon
  • auburn2auburn2 Member Posts: 13
    3GB not 3 MB, my bad. According to IWD the graphics driver is ATI RAdeon HD 3200, open GL build 2.1.7980
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    The memory and hard disk space sound sufficient, not familiar with the graphics card but you could check if it has the latest driver.

I think that will be http://support.amd.com/en-us/download and probably Catalyst 13.9
    32 bit operating system: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows Vista - 32
    64 bit operating system: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows Vista - 64

• Thorek85Thorek85 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with IWD:EE, the game runs slow on my laptop :(, i try to use ('Graphics', 'Shaders', '0',) option but still slower. BG:EE and BG2:EE runs perfectly

My system:
    dell Inspiron 14 N4030
    Video: intel HD graphics (first gen) with the driver up to date!

• quinnoxquinnox Member Posts: 3
    Yea, it is very slow for me too. The character takes a long time just to move (walks very slowly). And also, the character sprites are very "blurry". I think it is my ancient laptop which has integrated intel graphics in it. Oh well, I will be getting a new computer soon.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    I have this problem as well - and it is really irritating! BG and BGII both run well - but IWD just sits there. It makes mass combat impossible, and disarming traps is...well, not very good - the trap gets triggered before the disarm, for example!!!)

I have a rather new ASUS, with a 2.1 GHZ Dual-Core AMD Processor, ATI 7XXX series graphics card with 1 GB, 8 GB RAM, and running Win 7 64 bit.

It looks like things have not been optimized to me. I also notice a repeating "block" of pause time about every 6 seconds, or so, where nothing moves (screen just freezes for about 2-3 seconds). Very, very frustrating!
    Thorek85
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    Well, the suggestions offered here did improve performance, but I still get the rhythmic "hiccups" of pausing. Really, REALLY irritating!
  • Did anyone figure out what causes this problem? I've got it too. Basically I can't play the game, because they just walk like so damn slow and it is lame. My computer is good enough to run the game fine, this shouldn't be happening. What causes it?
  • Daughter_of_HellDaughter_of_Hell Member Posts: 9
    Anybody?