Skip to content

How do you revive a player in Keeper (may contain spoilers)

Hi!
Just killed Xyonomei after trying loads of time. Unfortunately, the last thing that happens is that my Cleric bleeds to death (completely disappears, turns grey and has HP -2). I've tried getting her back by giving her HP 10 and setting her status as "Normal" but she is still gone. How do I solve this (I do *not* what to do the fight again). /J

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited November 2014
    I have found trying to use keeper to revive a character extremely buggy in bg2, I made my poor mp-generated kensai perma-dead somehow that even the spells in-game stopped working for his bloated corpse. That was ugly.

Try console cheat command ctrl+r. You must first enable cheats from iwd.ini or such and enable cheat keys via cheat code. Cheats still work on ee, right?

Or, you know, just loot his corpse and raise him in Kuldahar normally, you will be back in there after slaying big Y anyway.
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    edited November 2014
    There was no corpse. My Cleric is completely gone.

Now I went back to Kuldahar and went to the temple and bought "Raise Dead". My character is resurrected but suffers 16 hitpoints and dies again... WTF??? /J

Edit: I had to buy "Raise Dead" again... Should I post this in the bug section? /J
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    So why did your cleric 'bleed' to death? Was he/she under some sort of damage effect? Likewise, were they under any bonus hit point effects from spells/items?

In either case you may need to have the temple do more than merely Raise Dead. Have them heal as well such that they get enough hit points to survive the resolution of those effects damaging your cleric.
    I mean, loot his items from the ground. In IE games when a party member dies, his body dissappears and all of his inventory drops on the ground where he keeled over. You need to collect and carry all of his stuff from the ground if you don't want to lose the equipment. The body is supposedly carried away by party members.

Unless a powerful spell or extremely damaging hit permanently kills the character, in that case the portrait is gone from the sidebar as well. Disintegrate spell, beholder disintigrate rays and finger of death spell can permanently kill characters in iwd:ee.

Have you toyed with keeper in your current save? It may cause bugs maybe from you are lvl 8 and have 16 con score and lose out the bonus hit points from con somehow upon being raised:try resurrection spell it should revive and fully heal the character.
    The cleric was hit by a bleeding spell and I couldn't drink potions fast enough. However, the problem with Raise dead remains. The only choice I have is either Raise Dead or Resurrection (she's not en elf). She gets raised but suffers 16-20 hit points and immediately dies. So I have to pay to have her raised from the dead again. Effing useless no-good temple worker... /J
    @lunar - nope. I gave up using Keeper and walked back to Kuldahar - nothing to carry. My Cleric was grey, -2 hp and inaccessible. /J
    edited November 2014
    Ah I remember a very rare bug happening to one npc in bg2, he has died and portrait was grayed out, but as you said he dropped no items. When I opened inventory he still seemed to have armor and weapons equipped, though the whole inventory was grayed out and inaccesible. I don't know what causes this but it happens rarely. With raise dead he had come back with all items equipped. Maybe because of the continous damage effect from the bleeding or poison or the character dies so quickly after taking some damage the game engine can't count her as 'dead' properly. Hence she 'dies' properly upon first raising.
    @lunar - that seems like a correct analysis of the situation. So the engine "saves" my damage and gives it to me again. That's very nice. @Dee - can you move this to the bug section? /J
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Do we have a saved game with the dead character that cannot be revived?
    edited November 2014
    @Avenger_teambg‌ - I was asking how to revive the dead character in Keeper. In the actual game it works (apart from the glich that the character keeps on dying after being revived) - see lunar's post above. /J
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @MrSexton, this is going to be a two-part reply:-
    1. I don't suppose you could upload a saved game where this character is dead (and not edited)? I might be able to do something in Keeper to make it work better.
    2. As for the engine issue you are talking about, where your character is being revived and then dies (that's why Avenger_teambg is asking you for a save), you would probably be better off creating a new topic in the bug section with the standard layout/format and attach a non-edited save game (or two, one before the fight and one after the fight where the character is dead). If this is an engine issue that you want someone to look at and you do start a new topic, make sure the save game(s) you attach are not edited in any way. :-)
  • CasadoomCasadoom Member Posts: 68
    Check in the Keeper if there is an active debuff (some kind of bleed) in the effect screen. Remove that and then try ressurecting in-game.

(I have no actual knowledge about modding but this seems to be reasonable idea.)
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Why do you need to do it in EEKeeper when it apparently works by going into town? Personal edification (nothing wrong with that, I do it all the time)? Or just convenience of not having to go back to town? If it's the latter, you can enable debug mode in your .ini file, and CTRL+R will heal/dispel/revive any characters you mouse over.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    You could always just switch it onto story mode. that way they are revived and they can't suddenly die again.