Skip to content

Unable to install IWD:EE via standalone installer on Windows Vista (Beamdog Client workaround)

RiqueRique Member Posts: 47
edited November 2014 in Troubleshooting
Sorry to report this here after posting it in another thread but I believe it is a different issue. After downloading the installer, I click on it and nothing happens. No error msg, no black screen, nothing. I've tried upload everything minus framework. I dont believe it is realted to clock... I also tried to move one of the installers I downloaded to another folder but again nothing happen. It is frustrating.
I have Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition installed and running on this machine.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @Rique‌
    This is the standalone installer? Do you get anything different if you right-click the exe and "run as administrator".
  • RiqueRique Member Posts: 47
    edited November 2014
    Gate70 said:

@Rique‌
    This is the standalone installer? Do you get anything different if you right-click the exe and "run as administrator".

Well, its the one I downloaded from the site... And yes, I've tried everything like change compatibility, run as admin etc.
    I got nothing when I run as admin, no blackscreen, no error msg, nothing. The thing just doesnt run.
    You could try downloading again in case there was a glitch the first time.

Or you could try the Beamdog Installer which can be found at the foot of www.beamdog.com
  • RiqueRique Member Posts: 47
    I've downloaded it more than 4x since yesterday
    Gonna check the beamdog installer.
    Upadate: the installer is working but still I wish I could install without using their manager.
    What browser did you use to install (IE, Firefox, Chrome or other) and what version no.

& what locations did you try running it from.
    Thanks