Skip to content

Has anyone used the default party yet?

I've finished a first run with a solo character. Now I'm thinking of a default party run.

Any ideas on best use for the characters?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2014
    Use them for HoW only runs. They start out with good equipment (which is more than what can be said for a group you make for one) :)
    lunar
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

I know this is quite a bit of a necro, but I was wondering what others here might've thought of the default (Gorris') party as well. I see that it has some very powerful melee fighters, but I'm concerned that it doesn't have a strong enough ranged component, and lacks a single class healer.

Anyone else have input?
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    I don't have IWD to make more specific comments, but that sounds like a good pre-gem party. Solid, relatively simple to play, leaving more interesting (but fiddly) aspects of the game for the player to explore once they have some experience.

Clearly not something needed for a BG or D&D veteran, but given how long it is since 2nd Edition was current, veterans are fewer and further between...
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    I don't ever use the default party. I never used an of the defaults in IWD2, either, although they had some cool backgrounds.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I used the default party the first time I played, up through Dragon's Eye. Then I started over with my own party.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    I never used the default party.