Skip to content

[Not an Issue] HELP! Stuck in Phaerie's Quest *POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

GreatOutlawGreatOutlaw Member Posts: 6
edited November 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I'm going through the quests in the Drow City. Currently, I've just killed the Beholder for Phaerie and Soulafein, then they told me to meet them at the tavern. They *ARE* there, but they only say nonsense like "Leave me be" or "I have no business with you", that sort of thing.

As far as I've searched the net, this is an old bug where u talk with Phaerie twice after you kill the Beholder, and then you break the script. So there are some patches to fix this, but only to AVOID this from happening not to actually fix it.

So I also read that with the cheat enabled I should do ctrl+space and type
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("PHAERESPEAKBEHOLD","GLOBAL",0)

But that doesn't spawn/do anything. Perhaps the code has changed for the enhanced edition? Because unfortunately it seems only people with the original Baldur's Gate 2 game had this problem posted on the internet...

Damn shame, I don't wanna fight a horde of drows, 1 cos it's a nuisance, 2 cos of roleplaying issues.

Ty all.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi @GreatOutlaw‌
    If you zip/attach a save that will help, but I'll have a quick shufty around and see if I can spot what might be the issue in the meantime.
    Thanks
    GreatOutlaw
  • GreatOutlawGreatOutlaw Member Posts: 6
    Hi @Gate70,

Thx for the quick reply. Sure man, here you go.

Oops... forgot to "zip" the file. Here it is now.
    edited November 2014
    @GreatOutlaw‌
    I'd need the entire contents of that 000000-nnnn save, i.e. the gam, sav, bmp's and um maps I think. Check these two variables though. You can copy/paste into the console :)

After the beholder these should be the values. Check them with the Get and update with the Set if needed.

Should be 5:
    C:GetGlobal("PhaereJob","GLOBAL")
    C:SetGlobal("PhaereJob","GLOBAL",5)

Should be less than 6:
    C:GetGlobal("SolaufeinJob","GLOBAL")
    C:SetGlobal("SolaufeinJob","GLOBAL",5)
    (not sure what each one does, probably depends how he has reacted to your responses)
    GreatOutlaw
    edited November 2014
    I tried all these from 1 to 5. None seem to work strangely enough i had tried the same thing earlier, and it had retriggered the Beholder Quest. But then I had something to do so I just quit the game... Now I just can't find what I did the SetGlobal codes that worked... Damn...

Ok Gate70, I'll get you the entire save file, my bad!

Btw, I did GetGlobal. They're all set to 5
    Here it is
    Heh, your save worked fine for me.

Try talking to her with your protagonist, she doesn't deal with the likes of Minsc :)
    GreatOutlawJuliusBorisov
    This vile ebony creature refuses to adress Minsc directly!? Minsc and Boo shall not let this pass once more, unless these dark elves wanna see the tip of my sword pass through their guts ò.ó!! (Ok, I made Minsc a bit Neutral Evil Here =/ )

Ty Gate70, may Mystra illuminate your path :D!
    Gate70JuliusBorisov
This discussion has been closed.