Skip to content

[Android] how to edit baldur.ini?

BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
I am playing BG:EE and IWD:EE on windows and on Android (my brother's nexus 10 android 4.4)

Being used to play fast, i have raised the game speed in my baldur.ini for both games on windows with this values:
'Program Options', 'Maximum Frame Rate', '40'

Now on Android, playing the game at 30 frames feels like slow-motion and i'd like to change that ... is there a way to edit the baldur.ini on the tablet without doing jailbreaks etc. (it's not my tablet so i don't want to mess with it any further than necessary).

I'm very familiar with editors and computers in general, but I'm not at al familiar with android specifics (apps, protected system areas, data folder structures etc.). I think if you point me to an app or system tool and give me a file location, i can do it, but as said i don't want to do more than necessary.

Thanks for your help
Beleg Cuthalion

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Try something like ES File Explorer from the Play Store, and path is Android > Data > com.beamdog.{gamename} > files

There may be a better way :)
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Changing the frame rate setting doesn't really do anything on Android devices though. Unfortunately.
  • FylFyl Member Posts: 62
    Is there a way to edit back to "unpatched" Cleric/Rangers in the Android EE games?
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    There is. You need to change the LUA file, not the ini though if you are using a current version of the EE - see this thread.