Skip to content

One of the end battles (spoilers)

WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
So when you fight Pomab, he has those multiple images. Ok, couldn't figure out what to do after three attempts so I looked online. Kill the false ones first, ignore the sentries, kill Pomab, ok.

Those images teleport when they get hit and are immune to range and magic? ok

Those images heal themselves after they teleport? W-T-F!?!? So essentially I have to get a crit with my fighter and do upwards of like 50 damage on one hit to kill an image? Because if I don't they teleport away and heal themselves. I've burnt through like 4 hastes to try and close the distance between the images, and even have Summon Monster IV to try and add more bodies to block the sentries.

I really don't want to play in Story Mode, but at this point, what's it matter? Help please. Thanks.

Comments

• WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    And now after posting this, he's dead. I don't understand how, but the images were now taking the damage and not healing. Then got to Pomab and he's dead.

Did this game just pull a Metal Gear Solid and I can only kill him if I minimize the game?
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    You have to detect illusion (one way or the other), hit the real Pomab, he will teleport and switch positions with a clone, so keep attacking the real one :)
    elminster
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    I did that first before I looked up a walkthrough. I had my Priest of Helm use True Seeing to see if that would work; which it did.