Skip to content

Add Morningstar of Action +4 to random treasure list (no longer supported)

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
edited December 2019 in IWD:EE Mods
Basically this just does what the description says it does. Now you have a chance of picking up the Morningstar of Action +4. You have a chance of finding it in the same place that you have a chance of finding the Morningstar +4: Defender.

Just download the file and remove the 2DA file found inside it and place it in your override folder.
Post edited by elminster on

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Great! Unattainable items are really annoying, especially since this is a cleric-allowed weapon.

But, would it perhaps make more sense to replace one of the TWO Long Swords of Action+4 instead of the Defender? Seems a bit weird to have two swords.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Interesting! It's too bad you added it to this RNDTRE because there's the Warhammer Defender too :)
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    isn't it a bug that the morningstar isn't accessible in game now?
  • RahonaOstrimoRahonaOstrimo Member Posts: 40
    Hi Elimster, I have been looking into the drop files, to reduce the amount of unimportant gem ring gold etc. And have another open discussion on the forum on the topic. Can you explain what the drop files contain or where to find such info? I can see it is a matrix with item codes in each entry. But what is the first column, is it the "container" which it can drop or be found in like a monster or chest?

Thanks alot for any hints.
    -Rahona
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    2DA files are just like a table gets used for a variety of things, including this case what type of items randomly appear in a given chest. The actual "container" is in the area files.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited January 2019
    @RahonaOstrimo

The first column in the random drop table lists special items, such as "RNDTRE57". If you place an item named RNDTRE57 somewhere in the game (e.g. in an area, in the inventory of a creature), then when the item is spawned in the game (when the player enters the area with the item for the first time in the game), it will transform into another item, which is chosen randomly from the items on the RNDTRE57 row in the random drop table. This is how random loot works in the IE games.

Back on the topic of this thread, maybe it would be better to add in all of the other unused random items (e.g. Bhaal's Fire) as well.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    This is a four year old topic/mod. I'm not planning on adding anything to it. However, if people want to incorporate this mod into some other larger mod they are free to do so.
  • RahonaOstrimoRahonaOstrimo Member Posts: 40
    edited January 2019

@RahonaOstrimo

The first column in the random drop table lists special items, such as "RNDTRE57". If you place an item named RNDTRE57 somewhere in the game (e.g. in an area, in the inventory of a creature), then when the item is spawned in the game (when the player enters the area with the item for the first time in the game), it will transform into another item, which is chosen randomly from the items on the RNDTRE57 row in the random drop table. This is how random loot works in the IE games.

Back on the topic of this thread, maybe it would be better to add in all of the other unused random items (e.g. Bhaal's Fire) as well.

Thanks alot for following up even though the topic is so old :) i have made another thread that focus on the "simplify loot" since it is off topic. Thnaks it would have taken me long to figure this out :)
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/74082/editing-drop-tables
  • cloudsatcloudsat Member Posts: 25
    Just tried this on EE v2.5. It's not working anymore. I got empty containers instead.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    edited December 2019
    @cloudsat I suggest installing Unfinished Business instead (the relevant component doesn't work for IWDEE but I posted working code on the G3 forums). It not only restores this weapon to the treasure list but others as well.
This discussion has been closed.