Skip to content

A guide to new magic items in IWD:EE *SPOILERS*

Comments

• billygreatbillygreat Member Posts: 66
    Enilwyn said:

I found a bastard sword +1 (maybe 2), a 2% chance to freeze enemies and a killer blue flame skin

That's not new and is also bugged.
    HaHaCharade
    OMG, this item is pissing me off : Morohatnotsurugi +3 is a wakizashi, but dang ! is cursed ( inflict 1d8+3 damage to wielder every hit). So little exotic weapons around and what you find is cursed . Anyway, location is Corellon Tower lvl 2.
    artificial_sunlightJuliusBorisovlolien
  • TheRaven476TheRaven476 Member Posts: 44
    edited November 2014
    I found a Staff +3 last night on the 4th level of Dragon's eye. It had a built in ability to cast Flame Arrow, Monster Summoning 4, and Summon Spectral... something.... can't remember exactly. I checked the item list it didn't appear to be there so I'm guess it's new. Sorry I can't remember it's exact name.

Edit: Nevermind. It was just the summoner's staff.

I was checking Mike's RPG Center for the items not the link in the original post. Though I did notice that the Summoner's Staff I found had flame arrow as well as the 2 summons, I wonder if that's new.
    Djimmy
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I found some monk bracers in Dragons Eye level 4, possibly random. +2 thac0 with fists, 25% chance of minor fire damage, cast Burning Hands. Can't remember the exact name, as I sold them due to a lack of monk in my party.
    artificial_sunlight
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    There is also Sarotobi's Stone Breakers.

These bracers were commissioned for the legendary martial artist Sarutobi by a wealthy Shou Lung merchant, in anticipation of a duel between Sarutobi and a powerful stone giant. Yet when he discovered the merchant's gift, so the story goes, Sarutobi refused to wear the bracers, saying "I will crush this giant's skull with my bare hands, and I need no magic to help me do it!" Sarutobi carried the day, and the merchant locked the bracers away in his safe. When Sarutobi disappeared one day through a planar door, the merchant took the opportunity to give the bracers to Sarutobi's son, as small compensation for the loss of his father. The boy took the bracers and devoted his life to searching for his father. He never found him.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:
    – Strength: +1

Combat abilities:
    – +2 damage when attacking with fists
    – +2d6 extra damage on a critical hit when attacking with fists

Weight: 2

Which I believe are purchasable in the Temple of Waukeen in Lonelywood.
    PibaroJuliusBorisovartificial_sunlightlolien
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I found the The Flaming Fists of Lin Mei. My Sun Soul Monk is going to love these =-3
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
    Clear Ioun stone - 5% magic resistance - Labelas Tower lvl 2
    lolien
  • schreierschreier Member Posts: 79
    So just to confirm, the Morningstar of action is not available in game without modding, right?

If that's the case, what are the best cleric weapons?

Fast Flail gives +1APR (which, in the offhand, applies to the main weapon, right?)
    Flail of Mae (5% flesh to stone)
    Shocking Flail +4 (+4 bonus, 2-6 electrical damage, 20% stun)

Morning Star of the Gods (+1 Wisdom, 3 extra spells)
    Morning Star +4 Defender (15% Magic Resistance, 20% slashing and Piercing Resistance, +2 Ac, +4 bonus)
    Three White Doves (Double damage vs undead/outer plane, auto destroy chance)

Warhammer +4 Defender (15% Magic, Piercing, Slashing, Crushing Resistance, +2 AC, +3 Save vs spells, +4)

Two Defenders seem to make a good tank, while a defender and shocking flail combine for good defense and stunning ... the +2 Morning Star, Hammer has the same 20% stun, but the shocking flail has more damage, plus shocking and a higher bonus

I was really hoping for the Morning Star of Action with the Defender ... do most ranger/clerics dual wield? They get the dual wielding proficiency almost for free. I don't see a great shield available, particularly when you get a defender weapon in the offhand for similar AC and resists with an extra attack
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited November 2014
    schreier said:

That depends what you want from your cleric: more spells? More DPS? Increased survivability?

I would just play the game and see what drops.

Most ranger/clerics duel wield. There isn't much point in playing a ranger/cleric in IWD if you don't.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    schreier said:

So just to confirm, the Morningstar of action is not available in game without modding, right?

Correct, MSoA is in the files but cannot drop.

The two cleric-allowed weapons with the most damage are:

11 avg. dmg.: Fire Flail+3 - 1d6+4+(0.5*2d6) = 6-16
    10.35 avg. dmg.: Skullflail+4 - 1d6+4+1d4+(0.1*1d6) = 6.1-14.6

Of course, you'd want to use an APR offhand, which is also available in the form of the Fast Flail+2. So, Fire Flail + Fast Flail is likely the best combo you can go with in terms of damage. It's also crushing + elemental only, which is great against a lot of enemies in the game; Skullflail does piercing, which is not so good. Keep in mind that random drops may screw you over if you don't like reloading :(

Of course, damage isn't everything. Since Berserker->Cleric is also one of the best tanks, you may want to look into defensive weapons. Here we have the "Defender" weapons (Morning Star and War Hammer), but also The Giving Star+3 which is available very early and quite good at keeping you at high life. I like Giving especially since my usual strategy for tanking revolves around AC, not damage resistance, and the occasional hit I do take comes in intervals spaced out enough for Giving to heal me up in between. It also scales well with APR. Probably a much more subjective issue which defensive weapon you want to use, as it's hard to make out clear winners.
    ShikaoJuliusBorisov
    edited November 2014
    Awesome ... I definitely like the feel of the Giving star (main), and Defender (offhand), both because I plan on the ranger/cleric being a tank, but just as importantly I can imagine a character easily using two morning stars -- while two flails seems very very very challenging

So, the defenders are available? I saw in another post, mention that they might be removed?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    schreier said:

So, the defenders are available? I saw in another post, mention that they might be removed?

Pretty sure they are both in still. I've at least seen the hammer myself, and heard of someone claiming they found the MS.

Anyway, I'd probably rather use a shield anyway :P I'm a bit of an AC whore in WD, a welcome change from "oh they'll hit me anyway no matter my AC"-ToB.
    edited November 2014
    Wow ... just got the Axe of the Minotaur Lord ... 1 handed, very good damage, and 25% stun? Awesome

And the giving star - not usable by good? Doh ... there goes that idea
    Post edited by schreier on
  • nptitimnptitim Member Posts: 111
    schreier said:

Wow ... just got the Axe of the Minotaur Lord ... 1 handed, very good damage, and 25% stun? Awesome

And the giving star - not usable by good? Doh ... there goes that idea

Where did you find that axe? Was it in HoW only? I am an axe freak so I would like something like that. Thanks
    jackjack
    It's in ToL...
    jackjack
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Yes, this axe is awesome. 1D12+4 with 25% chance to stun for 4 seconds. One of the best one-handed weapons.
    Too bad it comes so late. It's like giving you expert tools when everything's fixed.
    ShikaojackjackHaHaCharadesemiticgoddess
    Found a Helm of Shouting (+1 AC, gives the user shout 1/day), and an Ioun Stone that is +1 Intelligence - don't see them on the websites so they might be new
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Is there a scroll of improved haste in the main campaign?
    Yes, there is. Chapter 4, Labelas Tower lvl 4.
    jackjack
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

Sweet, great news for me!
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760

This is incorrect, unless you're playing with a mod that adds it there.

There is only one scroll of Improved Haste in IWD:EE and you can buy it
    from Edion on the Burial Isle in HoW
    elminsterbillygreatjackjackJuliusBorisov
    Sorry ,my mistake, I was thinking at improved invisibility.
    elminsterjackjack
    Anyone using gauntlets of valor? Pretty sure they're new. Immune to hold/sleep/charm, 12% extra damage and can also be used to punch a few times a day.

I have yet to see the extra damage or stun ... not sure if I'm missing it, or if it's a bug. It's also not clear if it should work with missile weapons
    jackjackFardragon
  • MapleMaple Member Posts: 26
    ( HoW ) Whistling Gallows Inn, Kieran Nye : Scarlet/Blue Ioun Stone ( Intelligence +1)
  • dunehunterdunehunter Member Posts: 10
    these new weapons are so disappointing
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302

And Its a shame Club users get shanked again...

Wakizashi and ninjato users got REALLY shanked...
    Well at least they use the same proficiency as Scimitars and there are a lot of good ones. Katana however is a skill you really shouldn't use there are no really good ones in the game.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Darkcloud said:

And Its a shame Club users get shanked again...

Wakizashi and ninjato users got REALLY shanked...
    Well at least they use the same proficiency as Scimitars and there are a lot of good ones. Katana however is a skill you really shouldn't use there are no really good ones in the game.
    Darkened Glory is quite good. There are of course a few better weapons but I found this one quite useful. I used it in my solo assassin playthrough and it was nice having a 15% chance to crit.
    jackjackDharius