Skip to content

Modding the Moonblade

FrondFrond Member Posts: 121
So I've been looking around in DLTCEP for a way to remove the restriction on the Moonblade that makes is usable by Xan only. I checked all the useability flags and such but didn't see anything that points to a character-only restriction instead of a class. Can anyone help me out here?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2014
    Go into Item_Use.2DA and delete the line

"SW1H13 XAN 10220 2"
    Post edited by elminster on
  • FrondFrond Member Posts: 121
    Didn't seem to work. I got a crash error when I deleted the line. When I put it back the game loaded fine.
    elminster
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2014
    Yea I guess that just deals with how usabilities are listed out for the item.

I'll tag @Troodon80 since he made a mod for BG2EE that dealt with allowing characters with UAI to use NPC's items.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Rename the sword
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    This method
    elminster said:

Go into Item_Use.2DA and delete the line

"SW1H13		XAN	10220	2"
    works fine in BG:EE and in Tutu/BGT + ToBEx (for the original BG1 you have to

Rename the sword

)

@Frond, make sure you are editing Item_Use.2DA correctly. The edited file should look like the one under the spoiler tag below:

For your convenience, I'm attaching a correctly edited Item_Use.2DA below (tested working in BG:EE v1.3.2053; just unzip and put it in your override folder).

lolienelminsterBaptor
  • FrondFrond Member Posts: 121
    edited November 2014
    Excellent, thank you very much. I'll try it as soon as I'm off work.

Also, @Erg‌ , the first method, deleting the line, caused BGEE to crash. Might have been an issue with a mod I have installed or something. I did notice you are using NearInfinity not DLTCEP. Would that make a difference?

Edit: Loaded up the .2da and it worked like a charm. Many thanks!
    Post edited by Frond on
    Erg
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited February 2016
    I know it is an old discussion, but I'm doing a heavily moded run that turns Xan into a Fighter/Mage Bladesinger and I want to know how can I change the Moonblade so it becomes a longsword instead of a dagger.

@Erg @elminster

Thanks!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Raduziel
    edited February 2016
    @subtledoctor You just keep getting better and better.

BTW, is this (https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/43305/npc-ee-non-player-characters-enhanced-for-everyone/p1) the mod we are talking about?

Because I couldn't find in the Readme nothing about altering Xan's Moonblade.

Same goes for the NPCKitPack.
    Anyway, just edited the Moonblade using DLTCEP. Now IDK how I can make this overwrites the original one.
    @subtledoctor Thanks for being so patience with me. I own you one.

So I just need to take the new SW1H13.itm and drop it in the override file?

Because I did it and opened EEKeeper to check it out, and still it was listed as a dagger.

I'm asking this just to see if I can learn anything new from this struggle. If your mod does this, than there is nothing to worry about. :smiley:
    @subtledoctor Dude, that way you'll make my fiancée jealous.

Anyway, using DLTCEP I did the same routine: opened the item, changed to "Large Sword" and changed the proficiency from dagger to Longsword. Saved, exported (it generated a .itm file) and dropped it into the override folder.

BUT I did installed your mod, so I'll never know if it worked lol
    Wise_Grimwald