Skip to content

Final Boss Impossible with Solo Mage?

QuietBootsQuietBoots Member Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
Hello everyone. I'm trying to fight Belhifet but it seems my spells cannot penetrate his shield/magic resistance or whatever he has. I use summons to harass the minions, but I'm trying all sorts of ways to defeat him but I can't. Magic missile, no, icelance, no. In the original I could just cast Lower Resistance a few times and I was good to go, but that doesn't even seem to affect him at all... I am becoming so frustrated, as there seems to be nothing I can do. I'm thinking maybe Phantom Blade coupled with haste, stoneskin, mirror image and prot fire, then cast Tensers transformation and just go to town on him that way, but wouldn't it be possible to defeat him with offensive spells too? Maybe I cast Breach or Pierce Magic to dispel Spell Immunity first? Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

-QuietBoots

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited November 2014
    In the non-enhanced IWD with HoW installed, I managed to beat Belhifet with a solo necromancer. Here's how:

I had to use a LOT of buffs. Let's see:
    Mirror Image (with a scroll), Stoneskin, Tenser's Transformation, Potion of Power, Oil of Speed, Potion of Absorption (in those days Belhifet actually did crushing damage for some reason), Potion of Defense, Potion of Magic Shielding, and maybe some others that I don't remember.

The end result was that I stabbed Belhifet to death with a Mage Dagger +4. I had -6 THAC0 and -17 Armor Class (- an additional 10 vs crushing), 3 attacks per round with Ring of Reckless Action. Belhifet could only hit me on a 20, I think. Now that Belhifet is much tougher, I'm not sure how you'd beat him if this doesn't work.

Oh, and in the original game, Belhifet DID have the annoying "haha your spells don't work" effect.