Skip to content

"Advertise" Your Written Play-through(s)!

ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
So as I'm sure we all know, there are a lot of really cool written play-throughs of the BG saga on these forums. Some of them are very challenge based, while others are more for the role-play. There are several prominent writers of these as well as a few who have just started and only have one or two of their play-throughs up. Sometimes one of the more well known writers will make a new play-through, (example: @Blackraven‌) but someone who reads all of their work will miss it and only find it a week or two later. (example: me) The idea behind this thread is that writers of these "play-throughs" can "advertise" their play-throughs, thus making for easy access for others, as well as a visible and concise back catalogue for new members of the forums. I'm not going to include my own writings in the main post, but I'll place them in the comments, same as you all. The "format" for these would be...

[Title of the thread/character's name/what kind of challenge it is/however else you'd want to title it] [release status i.e complete/BG1 complete/on break/on hiatus/ongoing/etc.]

[Link to first page of the thread]

[short description of the thread]

Any extra details or notes you might want to add beyond the description is up to you, though I don't know what you'd put in that section.

Now, I'm not sure whether to leave this in General Discussion or Challenges and Playthroughs. I think I'll leave it in General Discussion for at least a week, just so it can garner attention. Once that's done I'll toss it into C&P, since it definitely belongs in there.

With all that done, I'm going to tag a few people who I know have written play-throughs on the forums, since they'll hopefully be interested. @Lemernis‌ @Heindrich‌ @lolien‌ @bengoshi‌ @meagloth‌ @MacHurto‌ @BelgarathMTH‌ @SionIV‌ @Aurorus‌ @Gotural‌ @SharGuidesMyHand‌ and Blackraven (previously tagged)
Post edited by Elrandir on
BlackravenmeaglothRavenslightbooinyoureyesGoturalterzaerianFredjoJuliusBorisovjackjackNonnahswriterlolienGrum

Comments

• ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    @meagloth‌, If you want a more detailed variant, you can look at how I formatted my post (posted seconds after you posted your's. XD)
    lolien
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    is that better?
    Elrandirlolien
    @meagloth‌ Yup! You didn't have to write more, btw, I was just saying if you wanted to. =p
    lolien
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Elrandir said:

@meagloth‌ Yup! You didn't have to write more, btw, I was just saying if you wanted to. =p

I know :)
    Elrandirlolien
    Ah! Crevs! How could I forget that you had play-throughs?! Forgive me for my faulty memory.
    BlackravenlolienJuliusBorisov
    @Flashburn‌ Y'know, I'd still love to see "Gaspar: The Early Years". A.K.A. the same play-through, but in BG1.
    BlackravenlolienJuliusBorisovjackjack
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    For those who are interested, I've got two no-reload runs going at the moment: one in my "We're all doomed" thread, a mostly tactical SCS challenge with my dwarven Wizard Slayer Thani, who's about to embark on a journey to Brynnlaw (my most succesful published no-reload run thus far).

I made a separate thread for my second playthrough, a Human Mage turned Fighter named Victor. I did so in order to prevent Thani's and Victor's stories from intermingling. Victor's tale can be read here. It gives a more roleplayed journal written from Victor's perspective, and a more or less completionist approach (NPCs eating up invaulable XP ensure that).
    CrevsDaaklolienJuliusBorisovGrum