Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Game Crashes when entering bridge district

shamburgershamburger Member Posts: 3
edited November 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Hello everyone,
I have recently purchased and started replaying Baldurs Gate II EE edition on steam, and am having a great time. However I recently discovered that whenever I try to travel to the Bridge District, the game instantly crashes. I have tried traveling there from multiple different locations, as well as trying to advance the story and then access the district, but it still crashes. I also restarted my computer and the game to see if that would make a difference. I have currently played for 10 hours and have never attempted to enter the bridge district until now. Any help is appreciated.

Attached is the crash .dmp file from the latest time I tried to enter the district.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    @shamburger‌ if you zip and attach a save (e.g. the 000000nnn-savename folder) we can check if the save has an issue - one alternative being that your Bridge District might not have been created correctly and if that's the case downloading the game and re-installing might resolve it.
    shamburger
  • shamburgershamburger Member Posts: 3
    Gate70 said:

@shamburger‌ if you zip and attach a save (e.g. the 000000nnn-savename folder) we can check if the save has an issue - one alternative being that your Bridge District might not have been created correctly and if that's the case downloading the game and re-installing might resolve it.

Okay, thank you, if that is the case, I will re-install the game and see if that resolves my issue.

Here is the save file
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Yep, that loads fine for me @shamburger‌ - save attached in case it gets you past whatever the issue is, otherwise let me know whether downloading again sorts it out.
    Thanks
    shamburgerhook71
  • shamburgershamburger Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2014
    Gate70 said:

Yep, that loads fine for me @shamburger‌ - save attached in case it gets you past whatever the issue is, otherwise let me know whether downloading again sorts it out.
    Thanks

Alright thanks again. I tried the save file and it causes the game to crash when I attempt to load it, Ill try re installing it, hopefully it fixes it.

Update:
    Hey, simply re-installing the game did solve all my problems, I really appreciated the help
    Post edited by shamburger on
    Gate70
This discussion has been closed.