Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Shadowdancer backstab progression bug

OddlerOddler Member Posts: 5
edited November 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
[Windows] [Steam] Although the kit description shows the correct multipliers, the shadowdancer backstab progression is still working as the old patch would expect it.

How to repeat:
1- Create a shadowdancer and level it to level 5. The backstab continues to be x1 until level 9.
2-Just make a shadowdancer and level it up through console commands to the appropriate level to witness the bug.

Observed
Backstab is still working like in the old patch, although the descriction has changed accordingly.

Expected
The backstab multiplier for the shadowdancer kit should be x2 at level 5-8, and x3 at 9-12 and so on..

Notes:

Sorry that english isn't my first language. It took me a while and a lot of work to post this, so please take it into account. :)

File 1: my version of bg:ee
File 2: The level of my shadowdancer
File 3: My backstab multiplier at level 5(tested attacking hobgoblings)
File 4: Shadowdancer kit description in the last patch
File 5: Backstab multiplier at lvl 10 (x2)
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    What mods do you have installed, and/or what changes have you made to your character with save editors?
  • OddlerOddler Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2014
    I do not use any save editors. I used the console command for the convenience of unlimited arrow/bullets pouch, as well as the max stats. I have bg tweaks and rogue rebalancing mods installed.

Did someone else try to replicate the bug with the console command(get xp to level to the appropriate levels?)
    The console command is C:SetCurrentXP("[Number]").

Thank you for answering so quickly :)
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited November 2014
    Hi @Oddler‌
    This is what I get (click the screenshot to get an enlarged image). Leftmost screenshot was at level 1, centre and right at level 5. In the Record screen the level 5 character is shown with x2 backstab multiplier.
    Oh god, it means the problem should be on my end. I'll try reinstalling everything and posting and update.
    *Update*

After reinstalling the game, it seems the backstab is working how it should be.

I'm sorry for taking your time and thank you for your help ^^
    Fredjo
This discussion has been closed.