Skip to content

Minsc!

The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
edited November 2014 in Off-Topic
I'm a bit freaked out, because I just looked at Minsc's portrait, and he looks almost exactly like my old gym instructor. I mean really. Thing is, Mark and Minsc don't seem similar in my head, but probably IRL they actually would be.

So, Mark. He's a pretty cool chap, mellow and carefree in an amped-up steroidy sort of way. He rides a huge road bike insanely fast through town, despite having lost an eye in a previous bike accident. He's a gym instructor by day, occasional mixed martial arts fighter for money and glory, and possibly the worst father I've ever met. Despite this he has to fight women off with a stick, but often elects to just bonk them instead. So probably not one to piss off. Or bonk.

At one point my mother in law had a couple of sessions with him a week, my wife and I did boot camp 2-3 mornings a week, and my son had an hour of boxing every Saturday. We also got kinda involved with him socially, my mom-in-law would go off and get sloshed with him at lunch, and he came over for supper a couple of times.

Problem was, he was super unreliable, and secondly he had gained custody of his son, who had serious issues. First off, for the father to gain custody in this country, pretty much means the mother is batshit crazy. The son was pretty messed up, and Mark's lifestyle didn't leave much room for him in it. Also, my son was in the advanced stages of Mark-worship.

It all fell apart, Mark moved to the gym at our club, but I never see him, unless I pop into the club gym for a freestyle session. My mom-in-law now does tai-chi, I cycle, our gym membership expired, my wife eventually joined a newer gym with better stuff, and my son fancies starting judo.

So yesterday I did a 95km (59 mile) cycle race around Mombasa, finished in 6 hours 10 minutes, but to be fair I WAS on a mountain bike with knobbly tyres. Mark apparently finished in 3 hours 30. Please god let him have been on a road bike, but I wouldn't put it past him to have borrowed the bike from an ex-bonk and never to have cycled before.

OK, even my off topic post kinda went off-topic. Well, my points were supposed to be:

1) when people say they have 18 strength, think what that really means. If I'm lucky I might swing a 15.

2) If you bumped into Minsc in a dark alley, I'm betting 90% of you would run away screaming.
Post edited by The_Potty_1 on
JuliusBorisovNonnahswriterCrevsDaakTeflonrufus_hobartlolien

Comments

• old_jolly2old_jolly2 Member Posts: 453
    edited November 2014
    1) I can wristwrestle with Tassadar ( edit: or Tarrasque yeah :) Tassadar is a much more charismatic name so I mixed them up )
    2) I would probably smile and probably because he didnt know BG he wouldnt understand , lift my hands and say sorry and walk away. Because if Im in a dark alley walkin I probably %100 know what Im doing.
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    edited November 2014
    .. yeah OK to be clear, if someone claims 18 strength, they either:

1) don't know what 18 strength means.
    2) are lying.
    3) have possibly made some unfortunate life choices.

If someone claims they wrestled a rampaging horde of Tarrasques, perhaps check if they were really little and shouting Krie! Krie!
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I attempt not to walk down dark alleys
    The_Potty_1NimranTeflonlolien
    if someone claims 18 strength , they either :

1) Can carry their moms 18 wallmart bags , with their moms help
    2) Can pushup 18 times and say `may be tomorrow`
    3) Can. Yeah they can can. By not opener but by fist of course.

And if someone claims they wrestled a rampaging horde of beautiful love hungry Tarrasques , perhaps... perhaps... just move away from that person. You should have watched enough Alien films to know what will happen to you.
    Teflon
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Just don't forget to search for Boo in Duane's backpack ;)
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Pics! Pics! Pics!
    bengoshi said:

Just don't forget to search for Boo in Duane's backpack ;)

If you value youe eyes , I would not recommend that move. As Boo is a pointer sidekick , he probadly has a natural born True Sight.
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Whenever I hear name minsc It reminds me this sweet conversation.
    DESHARIK: "Er, why is your friend pointing a hamster at me?"
    MINSC: "Boo will soon have you figured out. You certainly seem friendlier that I would think a Pirate Lord would be. And where is your peg?"
    DESHARIK: "My--- what?"

Maybe minsc is quite a charmer than your minsc in the gym.
    old_jolly2CoryNewb