Skip to content

Ammo belts and double-clicking on a tablet.

I have an ammo belt with numerous stacks of arrows. Up until now I've been dutifully been keeping my inventory clean by putting extra arrows in the belt. Now, I've finally run out of arrows and I'd like to grab a few stacks from the belt, but I have a problem.

I don't seem to be able to get more than one arrow at a time out of the ammo belt. I read that (at least on the PC version) you can get arrows out in multiples by double-clicking. On my iPad, double tapping an arrow stack selects and then deselects it. Am I missing something?

Appendix 10 has some hints about tablet controls for L-click, L-click and drag, R-click and zooming, but doesn't mention double L-click.

Help!
jackjackLazarusNineNimran

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Not got a touchscreen version but have you tried touching and holding?
  • dglgoulddglgould Member Posts: 6
    Yes, touching and holding is a right-click.
    jackjackNimran
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    just though i'd suggest it in case it did work i guess you'd have to ask one of the developers. i should imagine @Dee‌ would be the one to ask.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Open the item's description screen and you'll see an "Open Container" button.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    @Dee‌ does this really work?????
    It ought to. If it doesn't, that's a bug.
    The problem is not opening the ammo belt. The problem is getting the arrows out of the ammo belt in numbers larger than one at a time. If I touch and hold a stack of arrows, I get the item description of the arrow.
    LazarusNineNimranjackjack
    Oh, I see; I was misreading your post.

But yes, that's an issue.
    Pibaro
    lunar said:

...For now ammo belts are next to useless for tablets.

This makes my archer sad. :(
    LazarusNinejackjackPibaro
  • schreierschreier Member Posts: 79
    On my phone, I just "double click" - hit it twice in a row ... then it comes back asking how many - then i hit the field, and can type in a number
    Maybe I'm not tapping fast enough. Or too fast. I'll experiment a bit. I've definitely not gotten a "how many?" prompt.
    LazarusNinejackjack
  • LazarusNineLazarusNine Member Posts: 44
    edited November 2014
    @Dee I have the EXACT same problem currently on the iPad edition of BG:EE, which is fully updated. I'm now resorting to transferring saves over to the Mac/PC version and removing ammo from the bags of holding. It is also a problem when trying to stack purchases from merchants. Basically, any time the item has a '1' in the lower corner but there are are more than a single one of those items available, double tapping does not seem to work as it does when double clicking on the PC. If there there is a number greater than 1 on the icon for the item, such as when it is stacked in your inventory, double tapping seems to work fine. Strange...
    Post edited by LazarusNine on
    jackjackatcDave
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    I must admit I've often done this too; transfer save files from the iPad over to the PC just to do some inventory management. Especially ammo stacking and purchasing.
    Pibarolunar
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    LazarusNine
  • LazarusNineLazarusNine Member Posts: 44
    @subtledoctor‌ I had a look at the link you provided and I must say, I also have THAT issue, despite @AlexT‌'s assurances that tap-hold-rotate works on the iPad. I am very grateful to have these games in multiple formats (I've bought BG1/2 EE four times), but the intimate gameplay on the tablet is sometimes marred by these UI issues, sadly.
    jackjack