Skip to content

Casting speed reduction items

Hey there,

are there any casting speed items like 'Robe of Vecna' in IWD:EE? Please keep it as spoiler-free as possible, thanks =)

Comments

• AzzaraAzzara Member Posts: 184
    Yes, there's at least one such item.
    I have fun in mage duels by watching what spell the opponent is casting and then I interrupt them by casting the same spell back at them faster.
    jackjackCaptRory
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Kossuth's blood lowers casting times by 2 (and increases fire damage by the character by 20%). You can find it in Heart of Winter in the Gloomfrost Caverns (Level Two) in the Remorhaz pit
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    elminster said:

Kossuth's blood lowers casting times by 2 (and increases fire damage by the character by 20%). You can find it in Heart of Winter in the Gloomfrost Caverns (Level Two) in the Remorhaz pit
    I think there needs to be a balance between the above two responses. Something like:
    yes there is one, in the expansion, but it's tricky to find as it requires using a specific spell twice
    kensai
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Its more analogous of the Amulet of Power, and pretty competetive with it. Vecna's is better though.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    decado said:

@Wowo said:

elminster said:

I think there needs to be a balance between the above two responses. Something like:
    yes there is one, in the expansion, but it's tricky to find as it requires using a specific spell twice
    Not with the quickloot button!

Iirc, I just clicked and waited. :p in vanilla.
    jackjackCrevsDaak
    decado said:

@Wowo said:

elminster said:

Please explain?
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Wowo said:

decado said:

@Wowo said:

elminster said:

Please explain?
    Using the Quick Loot button (activated by clicking the red diamond on the left of the UI) you simply add the loot to your inventory without actually having your character have to physically pick it up. As long as it is visible you can loot it.

This differs from BGEE where when quick looting items your character still needed to move from loot pile to loot pile to pick items up.
    jackjack
    decado said:

Wowo said:

decado said:

@Wowo said:

elminster said:

Please explain?
    Using the Quick Loot button (activated by clicking the red diamond on the left of the UI) you simply add the loot to your inventory without actually having your character have to physically pick it up. As long as it is visible you can loot it.

This differs from BGEE where when quick looting items your character still needed to move from loot pile to loot pile to pick items up.
    I heard about his but I couldn't find it on my ipad ... I'll look again when I get home.
  • jimmysdabestcopjimmysdabestcop Member Posts: 74
    The Red Diamond looking symbol
    jackjack
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511

Wowo said:

decado said:

@Wowo said:

elminster said:

Please explain?
    Here's the explanation.

In Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, your characters have the power to spawn a giant invisible tractor beam which can absorb all nearby loot, including necklaces ingested by polar worms that are trapped in pits you are standing above. The tractor beam is activated by a button on the left of the UI.

Was this a sufficient explanation?
    You have a tractor beam? My party has to make do with a magnet tied to a fishing line!
    elminster
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2014
    Fardragon said:

Wowo said:

decado said:

@Wowo said:

elminster said:

Please explain?
    Here's the explanation.

In Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, your characters have the power to spawn a giant invisible tractor beam which can absorb all nearby loot, including necklaces ingested by polar worms that are trapped in pits you are standing above. The tractor beam is activated by a button on the left of the UI.

Was this a sufficient explanation?
    You have a tractor beam? My party has to make do with a magnet tied to a fishing line!
    You have to upgrade the Fishing Line and Magnet item to get the Tractor Beam. It requires you to give Conlan 5,000 and a Bessel Beam Generator.
    Fardragonjackjack
  • AzzaraAzzara Member Posts: 184
    You can force the carrier of the item to follow you to a more convenient location by returning to the previous level
    Pibaro
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    That tractor beam sounds like a cheesy way of making an otherwise useless (but cool) spell even more useless.