Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Game crashes at character creation

ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
edited November 2014 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
So I've got this problem since day one, at first it was only doing it randomly but now every-time I want to create (click on create character) a character in a game room weather single or multiplayer, it crashes.

That's a major problem because I can't start a new game -_-

repair installation didn't work and i can't download the game again because I have no internet connection, only a restricted wifi hotspot.

Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi @ifupauline‌
    You could try shutting the game down and renaming the documents/Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition folder . When you next start the game it will create a clean version of that folder which will rule out any issues with the game ini file, portraits or previously generated characters.

If it works after that, you can either continue on the clean version or copy files across a few at a time until you find which ones cause the issue.
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    Gate70 said:

Hi @ifupauline‌
    You could try shutting the game down and renaming the documents/Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition folder . When you next start the game it will create a clean version of that folder which will rule out any issues with the game ini file, portraits or previously generated characters.

If it works after that, you can either continue on the clean version or copy files across a few at a time until you find which ones cause the issue.

GENIUS, it worked, thanks -_-
This discussion has been closed.