Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Recommend solo characters?

Hi,

I am way too impatient to manage a full party and can't stand just throwing the AI to play for me, which is why I soloed both Baldur's Gates. I want to do the same with Icewind Dale but I don't know how different IWDEE is from BGEE.

So, first of all I would like to ask if druids can potentially solo the game. I don't mind lowering the difficulty, cheesing certain fights or constantly reloading since it's my own choice to play with one character instead of six. And I don't necessarily want to use a certain multi/dual class combo that's proven to mow their way through the game (Kensai/Mage in BG).

I could also duo the game, use a sturdy melee character with a spellcaster to back him up. There just isn't much information about IWDEE yet, not nearly as much as the Baldur's Gate series.

Please help.

jackjack

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    or a sorcerer, just make sure you choose the right spells each level

• MabishMabish Member Posts: 4
    I read that there is no exp cap in IWDEE, but intead a level cap so triple classes are super strong, right?

And sorc/mage is always a great option, especially for cheesing with long range area of effect magics.

I might just make an exception and go with more than one character this time around. Do shapeshifting druids werewolf form get set to a static str/con values or should I pump up my str to do more damage? I recall werewolves being static in BGEE making them overpowered early on but rather useless late game.

• MrGoodkatMrGoodkat Member Posts: 167
    F/M/T or F/M/C are basically the #1 solo class without contest because as you already pointed out there is a level cap as opposed to an experience cap in IWD:EE. Once you get 'Stoneskin' it's going to be a cakewalk.

I would also recommend playing on 'Insane' difficulty. It's gonna be a bit tough early on but you get double experience which is pretty sweet on a triple-class character. Later in the game damage won't be an issue anymore for F/M/X.

BlackravenjackjackJuliusBorisov
    I think I'm going to try the F/M/C then. Would prefer a dual class though, since the kits are way more interesting than just a great-at-everything F/M/X. The problem is the part where you dual class and become super weak for a while. Would have to turn the difficulty down to story mode.

• MrGoodkatMrGoodkat Member Posts: 167
    Mabish said:

I think I'm going to try the F/M/C then. Would prefer a dual class though, since the kits are way more interesting than just a great-at-everything F/M/X. The problem is the part where you dual class and become super weak for a while. Would have to turn the difficulty down to story mode.

That's always a bit of a dilemma for me too. I love the huge potential and versatility of F/M/X but thematically and from a role-playing point of view I would prefer playing one of the kits as a pure class.

F/M/X usually wins for me though because in the long run you're gonna fall in love with the versatile gameplay and all the options you have.

• ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Mabish said:

If you don't mind a bit of EEKeeping, then you can have FMX with a kit (or even two)

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,052
    For an interesting twist I used BGTweaks to remove multiclass racial restrictions and soloed a gnome Fighter/Illusionist/Thief.

jackjack
    Shikao said:

If you don't mind a bit of EEKeeping, then you can have FMX with a kit (or even two)

EEKeeping? Is that a mod or something?

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    EEKeeper is an editor that can be used to change things like abilities,proficiencies etc. it can also be used to assign kits to straight classes or multi/dual classes.
    more than that I can't really tell you as i haven't used it that much.

JuliusBorisov
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    wubble said:

EEKeeper is an editor that can be used to change things like abilities,proficiencies etc. it can also be used to assign kits to straight classes or multi/dual classes.
    more than that I can't really tell you as i haven't used it that much.

I may just add a link to Official EE Keeper thread by it's author, @Troodon80‌.
    decado said:

For an interesting twist I used BGTweaks to remove multiclass racial restrictions and soloed a gnome Fighter/Illusionist/Thief.

Oh yeah, that's my favourite tweak. I unlocked all classes for all races in addition to allowing human to multi and non-human to dual in BG series. I plan to do the same when I get my hands on IwDEE. I really like Paladins, but it gets bit boring to be always human... =P

jackjackJuliusBorisovMabish