Skip to content

[Not an Issue] BG2 mouse cursor error/bug

AngevereAngevere Member Posts: 2
edited November 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Hello,
I've been playing BG2 EE for a couple days now, and all of a sudden I got this weird bug.

It normally took me a bit of time to get the description pop up of an item or a character after I hover my cursor on it. But now it started popping up immediately. In fact, just moving the mouse over the inventory the scroll logo reappears repeatedly very quickly, even if I'm hovering over empty slots.

The game runs fine otherwise, but this constant appearance of the description is really irritating, not to mention that it gets in the way when trying to target creatures. The cursor also doesn't change it's appearance as it used to do when targeting to talk or loot etc and stays as the cross/circle at all times.

I tried everything I could find in the options menu and re-installed the game but it didn't help.
I also searched every combination of words for this issue both here on the forrum and on google. Couldn't find anything useful in the end.

This may be a small issue, but it really makes the game unplayable without getting really annoyed in 5minutes time.

Please help!

P.S. I play on a PC
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited November 2014
    @Angevere‌
    From the Options screen go to Gameplay and check if the Tooltips slider is fully to the left. Drag it right a bit if that's the case.
  • AngevereAngevere Member Posts: 2
    *facepalm* I can't believe I missed something that simple...
    Thank you very much! Now I can enjoy the game again :)
This discussion has been closed.