Skip to content

Preparing for Chapter 7 (spoilers)

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Complete everything else in the game before starting it as once you start chapter 7 you can't go back (7 is the last chapter in SoA 8 is ToB).
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    wubble said:

Complete everything else in the game before starting it as once you start chapter 7 you can't go back (7 is the last chapter in SoA 8 is ToB).

As complicated and time-consuming as this may sound, do it.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    The only exception to "complete everything else" is Watcher's Keep, which can be accessed in ToB as well as SoA.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    you don't find many time stop scrolls in the game so you might want to memorise it in case you don't find another. If you're having too much trouble with Kangaxx I have a nice Somerset Brie that might help.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2014
    Emmy19 said:

Unfortunately I don't have the ioun stone to raise Imoen's intelligence to 18 yet. Which is why I have yet to memorise the spell. I know there is another scroll in Sundesallar but that's in Chapter 7. XD

Go to a temple (any temple in Athkatla for instance)

Buy a Potion of Mind Focussing. Have her drink it.

Have her learn the spell.
    No, once it's scribed into your spellbook you're fine, intelligence only affects what level of spell you can scribe (and possibly casting failure) just buy lots of potions of genius and mind focusing that way you can memorize spells whenever you want, plus you can use them as INT restoring potions if you're ever fighting mind flayers.
    If imoen is still below the level cap when you finish SoA she will have her exp increased to the cap.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2014
    wubble said:

intelligence only affects what level of spell you can scribe (and possibly casting failure)

It doesn't affect casting failure. It will affect your chance of learning a spell but not your chance to cast it successfully.
    elminster said:

wubble said:

intelligence only affects what level of spell you can scribe (and possibly casting failure)

It doesn't affect casting failure. It will affect your chance of learning a spell but not your chance to cast it successfully.
    I couldn't remember if it did or not