Skip to content

Created an archer and opened up the ability roll window to a 99 without even touching anything! WOW!

i dont know how it happened but i created a new archer and the second i opened the screen to the ability rolls a 99 was sitting there without even touching a thing. AMAZING!! it took me eternity to even get a 97 for my previous, i wonder if 100 is possible. i wont try, ill never delete this character now. Max STR, DEX, CON, 15 WIS INT CHA balanced stats for lore and charisma dont need to be 18, hard to have any DUMP stats when you have a 99 and can balance them in the 15's. Cant lose with that roll
JuliusBorisovlolienmlneveseCrevsDaakdockaboomskiDemaniusTisAmazinJayviee

Comments

• darkmoonriderdarkmoonrider Member Posts: 2
    although my str was only 18/14 but still ill take it as a ranger!
    lolien
  • darkmoonriderdarkmoonrider Member Posts: 2
    thanks friend, was hard but to do it without even having to roll is something else
    lolienMetallomanLordRumfishCrevsDaak
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Previously I've rolled a 100 on an Elven Archer (with a terribad exceptional STR score like you) and a 102 on a Gnome Illusionist/Mage.

It's doable - just exceedingly rare. Your situation seems awesome though.
    HurricaneCrevsDaaklolien
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    WOW! What an achievement! O,O'

@lolien? ;)
    KilivitzmlneveseCrevsDaaklolien
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    A couple of days ago I was creating a human Mage and got a 97 on my third or fourth roll. I don't even think I've ever rolled over 90 for a Mage before.

I think 18/14 is more than enough STR for an Archer. You'll be using ranged weapons most of the time, anyway.
    mlneveseCrevsDaaklolien
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I've never been that lucky... I had 99 points characters but never in the first roll... My best fast roll was a 97 cavalier in my third roll. One of the few characters I actually managed to finish BG2 with before I was hit by restartitis :)
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    Yes, it is possible to roll 100. I have such a character saved. Screwed up the proficiencies, though.

I have read statements of rolls of 102.

108 is the max possible roll, but the chances are something like 1: 100 Trillion.

It is actually difficult to use all of the points of a roll over about 97 effectively on any single classed character. You reach the point of splitting hairs over things like extra Lore on characters who are never going to be your go-to for identifying anyway, or adding a few INT points to a character because they might encounter an Ilythid sometime in the next game, if you ever play it.
    lolien
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    Kilivitz said:

A couple of days ago I was creating a human Mage and got a 97 on my third or fourth roll. I don't even think I've ever rolled over 90 for a Mage before.

I think 18/14 is more than enough STR for an Archer. You'll be using ranged weapons most of the time, anyway.

It matters most often in BG1 because of the need to carry masses of 'stuff' back long distances for sell-off; from the Mines, from the Gnolls, from the Bandit Camp, and especially from the Cloakwood.

Eventually you will find the Manual of Gainful Exercise, gain a point, and then it won't matter at all. Not before all the mule work for the above locations, though.

lolien
  • DemaniusDemanius Member Posts: 51
    Awesone roll. :smiley:
    lolien
  • MerinaMerina Member Posts: 303
    Lucky one!

When I created a sorceress for my just-curious solo run of BGEE (only at Core difficulty, though) I had a 78 first, then clicked too fast two times and missed the 90 which came second. :neutral_face:

Took some time to reach a value close to that ... I even missed another 90 ... also took several tries to succeed in Ducal's Palace and against Sarevok. Had to return to Sourcerous Soundries to buy some scrolls. :blush:
    lolien