Skip to content

Get Long Bow +4: Hammer WITHOUT Losing Reputation

MapleMaple Member Posts: 26
( HoW AR9104 ) Emmerich Hawk just disappears maybe in 2 seconds after he turns hostile.

The way I find viable includes:

1. Feeblemind : He will stay put until you cut him down . Reloads are required, and reputation will drop.

2. Finger of Death : He will die instantly. Reloads are required, and reputation will drop.

3. Shapechange + Improved Haste + Timestop : He will die a mindless death. No reload required, no reputation drop.

4. Feeblemind + Protection from Evil 10' Radius + Cacofiend / Summon Fiend/ Gate : He will be slained by demons. Reloads are required, no reputation drop.

Edit 1: Sorry I just figure out I can lower the difficulty to normal. Then no spells are required and I can cut him down in 2 seconds. Yet I am still wondering if there are other ways to kill without losing reputation.
Post edited by Maple on

Comments

• schreierschreier Member Posts: 79
    I just started a game, and attacked - maybe I backstabbed (don't remember), but didn't have any problems killing him. Could always lower the difficulty too I guess
  • jimmysdabestcopjimmysdabestcop Member Posts: 74
    The Thieving Mod in the forum you can pickpocket everything. But then its based upon pickpocket score so will need potions or actually points in PP.
  • billygreatbillygreat Member Posts: 66

The Thieving Mod in the forum you can pickpocket everything. But then its based upon pickpocket score so will need potions or actually points in PP.

I do have that mod and my bard has 140 in PP, but the bow is the single item that can't be PP. ( "PP successful -target has nothing to steal" after lifting all his potions and arrows)
  • jimmysdabestcopjimmysdabestcop Member Posts: 74
    Well that is annoying. Damn bow
  • MapleMaple Member Posts: 26

I do have that mod and my bard has 140 in PP, but the bow is the single item that can't be PP. ( "PP successful -target has nothing to steal" after lifting all his potions and arrows)

Update:

I just remember the standard procedure to slain innocents WITHOUT reputation drop:

Protection from Evil 10' Radius + Cacofiend / Summon Fiend/ Gate

In this case I add Feeblemind to make it more consistent.
    kensaiAncalagon44Djimmy
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Since you already know the item code, how about just using CluaConsole after encounter with Emmerich? No reloads required, no reputation drop.
    JuliusBorisovbooinyoureyes
  • Ancalagon44Ancalagon44 Member Posts: 252
    You can also try using Finger of Death on him. It works in IWD2 - when cast on a civilian, the civilian dies before he can become hostile to you, meaning that everyone else ignores the dead body!
    semiticgoddess
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2014

For the record you can't pickpocket everything. Weapons that people aren't currently using (but are still in their weapon slots) can be pickpocketed with it. But in Emmerick's case he is probably using his bow so that you can't get.

Edit: I guess the 2DA works a bit differently in IWD since it looks like you can with sufficient pickpocket (95+).
    Post edited by elminster on
    ShikaoJuliusBorisovjackjackbooinyoureyes
  • by_the_swordby_the_sword Member Posts: 42
    Why would they have a weapon like "Hammer +4" and not make it available to the heroes (without having to commit murder to get the darned thing)?
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

Why would they have a weapon like "Hammer +4" and not make it available to the heroes (without having to commit murder to get the darned thing)?

Murder him and then pay to get reputation back at temple?

If you have a ranger or paladin in the party then kick them out while you do the dirty deed to avoid being fallen.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    You get one of these in Lower Dorn's Deep anyway (or a repeating light crossbow)
    elminsterjackjackAbel
  • FRUTZKFRUTZK Member Posts: 18
    Hey guys, I tested this yesterday. I used the pickpocket mod from Elminster and got the Hammer+4 on the second pickpocket. I kept on going til there was nothing to steal. Quite a few good little items he has. :D
    jackjackelminsterJuliusBorisov
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    FRUTZK said:

Hey guys, I tested this yesterday. I used the pickpocket mod from Elminster and got the Hammer+4 on the second pickpocket. I kept on going til there was nothing to steal. Quite a few good little items he has. :D

That mods sounds cheesy. Who would keep a bow in his pockets? Maybe a giant.
    ShikaojackjackGlorenBronzebeardAbel
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Most of the suggestions here are cheating.
    ShikaoRedrakejackjack
    Djimmy said:

Most of the suggestions here are cheating.

What I really don't understand is why do people keep making these suggestions when they have that nice story mode to play with...

ShikaoIrbis
    Wowo said:

I really don't see the issue with a bit of good old fashioned murder. I mean, it's the frozen north, who's going to bring you to justice?

Therein that thinking lies the path of the orc.

SmilingSwordNifftdok0zhivago
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if im not mistaken you should have crap tonne loads of gold, so the rep drop shouldn't affect you to hard unless you are a paladin or ranger, if it drops to 7 for example that is only 30% more to the item's price at the store, and if you are really struggling for npc reactions and store prices have a mage cast friends until you hit 20 cha and basically no matter how low your rep is your npc reaction against will still be okay, and I don't know how much of a discount 20 cha gives, but I know that is the max
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Summoning fiends is the easy way. However, I've found some other ways.

One way is to kick a character out of the party (preferably some kind of warrior) in Emmerich Hawk's house. Then cast Rigid Thinking on either Emmerich or your character (it's better to cast it on your character, because Emmerich has high magic resistance). Optimally, they will then attack each other and Emmerich will die with no reputation loss.

Another way is to once again kick a warrior character out of the party, then dominate Emmerich. You may need to cast the spell on him several times to overcome his magic resistance (casting Lower Resistance on him will turn him hostile). Then, have Emmerich attack your character and die with no reputation loss.

However, in both cases, your character will become hostile. In order to bring the character back into your party, you will need to dominate him/her, then talk to him/her.
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Or you could, and get this: use a mod to use IWD's original loot tables? The Hammer LBow would be better if there were more sources of magic arrows.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    there are plenty purchasable +2 arrows, and some +3 ones too (arrows of piercing - enough of them for major bosses)

...but it made me sad the other day when i shot all confusion arrows i had because i though they were arrows +1
    game really needs an icon pack that differentiates between items a bit

p.s. yesterday i killed the luremaster in 2 rounds with my improved hasted archer and sseth, and earlier yxunomei, also in two (in both battles i received 0 damage) with plain haste but other characters contributed. everything becomes stupid with an archer.
    semiticgoddessNifftAbel