Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Help Please I bought IWD off gog installed it but I get error when I try to play it

michael1324michael1324 Member Posts: 26
edited December 2014 in Troubleshooting
Hope you all had a nice thanksgiving day.

Thank you to anyone who can help.

Edited:

it makes a dump file with this name dump.1.3.2058.0000.dmp after the error occurs
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Yay!

A guessing game. Who will win when they guess what error it is, or are you going to report it word for word?
  • michael1324michael1324 Member Posts: 26
    edited November 2014
    hi I would be happy to put it in OP but it just said to email dogbeam or something like that it didn't tell me what type of error it was. I think if anything it had a number or code next to it but no explanation likevideo or anything.

My BG2 EE runs smooth and no issues at all with it. So I don't get why IWDEE is having an issue.

*I am currently installing it a second time*

well it makes a dump file with this name after it crashes dump.1.3.2058.0000.dmp
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @michael1324‌ Send the dump file and a brief explanation to support@beamdog.com. They'll be able to help you.
    Metalloman
    @minieverse ya I did but who knows when I will get help

figured someone has had this error before and might know how to fix it.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    they're usually pretty good at sorting things out(not counting when they had technical problems).
    I doubt anyone on the forums will be able to pinpoint the issue before Beamdog does, you should probably state your operating system btw.
    edited November 2014
    thanks wubble ya I gave him that information as well
    wubble
    OMG I solved my own problem LOL I was playing warhammer dark omen and I forgot I switched color to 16 bit so I just switched it back to 32 and it works

yay !!!!
    wubblemlneveseSylvus_MoonbowJuliusBorisov
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    You know you can apply a compatibility mode under Windows Vista and newer operating systems so that when Warhammer is running, the display mode is automatically set to 16bit and when you're not playing it it reverts automatically back to 32bit, right?
This discussion has been closed.