Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

BG2 Won't Launch

So, I recently reinstalled BG2 to get rid of a headache that installing the new OS on my mac seemed to create. Download went OK, but when I open the launcher and try to launch, it quits out. No idea what's going on, and I have no idea what to do.

Apologies if this was posted and answered already.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,608
    Hi @Talhe‌
    A couple of things you could try. Easiest one is try a reboot after install if you haven't done so. If that doesn't help, find the games documents folder (~/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition) and rename it to see if "clean" files resolves your issue.

• yifanyifan Member Posts: 1
    Same problem on Mac OSX Yosemite Here. Won't start from the launcher after reinstall and reboot. Starting from the BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app in /Applications/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition/Game Data report an it's an PowerPC app and is not supported.

However, if I use Terminal to run the executable inside the package under Contents/MacOS/ , the game will start.