Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition 1.3 Beta Now Open

Comments

• ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    @Dee
    Was it intentional decision to remove ornamental letter (at the beginning of every item description text) ?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Parys said:

@Dee
    Was it intentional decision to remove ornamental letter (at the beginning of every item description text) ?

It was; the ornamental letters interfered with text alignment, particularly at larger font sizes.
    JuliusBorisovlolienelminster
  • onelasttry84onelasttry84 Member Posts: 52
    @Dee
    can the beamdog users switch to the steam linux version as it was the case with BGEE? Would be awesome to quit the wine... ;)
    @onelasttry84‌ Yes - send an email to support@beamdog.com and we'll help you get set up.
    onelasttry84CrevsDaak
  • onelasttry84onelasttry84 Member Posts: 52
    Dee said:

@onelasttry84‌ Yes - send an email to support@beamdog.com and we'll help you get set up.

Sweet! - Thanks a lot!

lolien
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited December 2014
    Dee said:

Luke93 said:

@Dee‌ why does the game not support 1920 * 1080 video resolution ( v. 1.3.2062 ) ?
    Please, take a look at this report

That issue is likely due to a DPI scaling setting on your computer. You can disable DPI scaling in the Compatibility tab of the exe's properties, and it should fix the problem.
    Yes, you were right! Thanks!

I can confirm that there are some problems with the cold damage animations..... It seems they are not displayed ! ( but you can here the sound...)
  • HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    @Dee‌ Do you want us to discuss the beta and report issues all in this news thread alone or will there be a separate place like we used to have for previous patches?
    CrevsDaak
    We'll have a separate place just for the beta later this week. If you find issues before then, feel free to post about them here.
    HurricaneCrevsDaakelminster
  • SkydogSkydog Member Posts: 111
    edited December 2014
    It's almost 24 hours since I've applied))) Can't wait to try the new patch - already have 2 saves from BG1 to import into BG2.

Just got the message! Great!
    Post edited by Skydog on
    @CrevsDaak‌ Are you visiting those areas from a new game, or from a save where those areas had been previously visited?
  • DarKelPDarKelP Member Posts: 183
    @Dee Yes, I know it and I am very grateful. But for example the first issue has a date of DEC 2013 and I reported it in JAN 2013, two years ago...

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14408/its-not-possible-to-assign-keys-to-mage-spells-from-bg2
    dreamtravelerelminster
    DarKelP said:

The subtitles in movies are wrong.

We'll be removing the option to show subtitles in movies for now, since the subtitles haven't been implemented yet (and there's some back-end stuff that needs to be done before they work correctly).
    elminsterlolien
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    Another issue I noticed. My party is not getting tired in this patch. Ever...
    Xzar said:

Another issue I noticed. My party is not getting tired in this patch. Ever...

Can you upload your saved game?
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    Sure. If you try to jump around locations just to pass in-game time you will never get tired.
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    I just created a kensai, it is level 7 and has 168 hp, is it normal? I don't recall having so many hp at character creation. game is soa of course.
    There's a problem with the export function, we'll have it sorted.
    lolien
    multiplayer game got 3 genies instead of one, quest is triggered 3 timesimage
    lolienelminsterJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    @ifupauline‌ How many players do you have, and what sort of permissions settings have you set for each player?
    Dee said:

@ifupauline‌ How many players do you have, and what sort of permissions settings have you set for each player?

2 players, all permissions allowed.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

multiplayer game got 3 genies instead of one, quest is triggered 3 times

Its like the saying goes. Three genies are better than one! :)
    ShikaoJuliusBorisovlolienCrevsDaak
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    I started a new game by importing a character, and even though that character isn't equipped with anything, his weapon quickslots still display the Varscona +2 and a bow with fire arrows.

Also, it seems that even though he doesn't have a voice, dialogue from the Male2 BG1 soundset is still appearing in the dialogue box when I click on him. o_O

I'll happily provide a save file if someone can point me toward the instructions that'll tell me how to... >.>;;
    elminsterJuliusBorisovlolienCrevsDaak
    @Nonnahswriter‌
    Yep, we have this issue fixed internally. It'll be in the next update, if we have one before the patch is released.
    NonnahswriterJuliusBorisov
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Dee said:

@Nonnahswriter‌
    Yep, we have this issue fixed internally. It'll be in the next update, if we have one before the patch is released.

Yay! Coincidentally enough, the issue disappeared once I restarted the game and reloaded my save. >.>;; Still has his phantom soundset though. Thanks again!
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Dee said:

@Nonnahswriter‌

What will happen if the patch is released without an update? Should we expect a quick patch 1.3 volume 2 after it?

This discussion has been closed.