Skip to content

How Many People Actually Use Custom Journal Entries?

Just curious if anyone besides me is lame enough to use these :-)

As mentioned in a previous post, I tend to copy the ranger's tracking information into the "user" section of the journal. I'll also copy any notes I find (using the copy button) and will even take it a step further and jot down some viewpoints of party members based on the events that occur.
jackjackkcwiseJuliusBorisov

Comments

• NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    *raises hand*

I do.

Though I really wish that the journal would scroll with you once you past the end of the page. I struggle sometimes with having to type without seeing exactly what I'm typing. And if I make a mistake, I can't rightly go back and change it because I can't access that lowest end of the entry, being written off-the-page and all that.

Almost makes me want to switch over to writing entries in MS Word or Notepad... But there's something magical about seeing your own entries written in-game. :)
    jackjackkcwiseHaHaCharadeJuliusBorisov
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Nah I don't.
    kcwise
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I used to back before EE, but I gave up because it's just too tedious to work with.
    kcwise
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    edited December 2014
    I've made some notes in there when I didn't have pen & paper handy.

Edit: posting on cell makes for silly typos
    Post edited by FinneousPJ on
    jackjackkcwise
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    I have used it on occasion but not often. It can be a useful tool if you're roleplaying as it somehow feels more "realistic" than typing up your story in a text editor while playing.
    Nonnahswriter
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I use to use them to keel track of loot prices, so if my inventory got full I knew what thing I was lugging around I could leave on the ground.

Angel skin ring or jade ring?
    jackjackNonnahswriterkcwiseJuliusBorisov
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    edited December 2014
    Cool to see some responses here. I had the idea with IWD to put some entries based on my characters (since I also wrote their backgrounds) and it just kind of took off. I agree with @Nonnahswriter - its kinda neat to see your stuff there. Probably not used by most, but there for any who appreciate that kind of thing.
    NonnahswriterkcwiseJuliusBorisov
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I just make note of important stuff on index cards. Seriously, I would be lost without index cards.
    kcwisejackjack
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Never.
    kcwisejackjack
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    when I first played bg2, every time I would get money from the fighter strong hold I would write it down in the journal so then I could tell how much money I would have, and I also used to use the map notes in suldanessellar whenever I finished one of the buildings, I would place a "done" map note on the building so I could remember which ones I have finished, but now since I play the games like a robot and don't do any of that cool stuff anymore, the journal could disappear for all I know and I would still be good
    kcwisejackjackHaHaCharade