Skip to content

Is this normal for a vampire?

Okay Hexxat got petrified in the first level of watchers keep I used stone to flesh to bring her back but now she is till stone but also hostile.

Comments

• The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    Sounds like a bug, if it's repeatable probably report it?

That said, the Valen mod added a vampire to the original game, and she was coded to not be ressurectable, so it is quite possible that Hexxat is behaving as intended ...
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Sounds like a bug, if it's repeatable probably report it?

That said, the Valen mod added a vampire to the original game, and she was coded to not be ressurectable, so it is quite possible that Hexxat is behaving as intended ...

Probably not. This sound like a bug.
    CrevsDaakAnduin
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I tried it in ToB)I didn't have a save with her in the party so I used the fate spirit) and I got this as well. I hads neera petrify her, and she immediately turned hostile.
    Which is wrong in itself for a statue, I think. She prevented sleeping, and neera and her AI quickly one-shouted her with a sling.
    After I had reloaded no done It all again I had jan fix her up, and as soon as she could move she tried to stab him. Then she turned into a gaseous form and ran away, which has many problems in and of itself. I think she disappeared as soon as she was out of sight.
    lunar
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited October 2014
    Did you have Neera with you? When one of her wild surges petrify a party member they become hostile and are thus lost forever. I remember one particular nasty flesh to stone trap in wk lvl 1 so this may not be the case. I never got Hexxat petrified, though. Her death mechanism is unique and can be buggy sometimes.

Ah yes, the post above shows it. If you yourself petrify a npc in your party he/she will become hostile and thus lost forever even after you destone them. A trap or enemy spell should not have this effect, though. Try petrifying another npc in your party with your own spell and it works like that too. Well, except when you destone them they will attack you to the death. And will probably be cut down immediately since they will have 1 hp. Hexxat's script kicks in when she has 1 hp left and she turns into fog, but now she is not in your party she has nowhere to go, and thus she is lost forever.

Long story short if a spell or wild surge from your party did the petrifying she should be hostile, like every other joinable npc, and this is not a bug. Because petrifying a npc is both a hostile action and an instant kick out of the party.
    Post edited by lunar on
    JuliusBorisov
  • adormituladormitul Member Posts: 63
    In my case a trap petrified her and this happened 2 times so why is she hostile.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Petrification (and Imprisonment) is known to cause all sorts of weird things with game variables. This one sounds like one of these, just some odd interactions between Hexxat's special vampire status and the petrification mechanics. Little you can do I suppose other than not get petrified. Shouldn't be too hard ;)
  • vampirevampire Member Posts: 1
    Hello friends out there my name is Laco Barry am a vampire i love being a vampire because i always get what i want i have initiate allot of friends and family member, young and old ,if you have interest and you want to be a vampire you are free i can turn you and you will be one of us. Fame, money, anything you want will defiantly be yours contact vanpirestemple@yahoo.com today and be one of us
    JuliusBorisov
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    vampire said:

Hello friends out there my name is Laco Barry am a vampire i love being a vampire because i always get what i want i have initiate allot of friends and family member, young and old ,if you have interest and you want to be a vampire you are free i can turn you and you will be one of us. Fame, money, anything you want will defiantly be yours contact vanpirestemple@yahoo.com today and be one of us

These forums become more and more interesting each day. :smiley:
    elminsterShikaoJuliusBorisovJLee
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    vampire said:

@Anduin, a friend for your club, i believe. We just have to find a frankenstein,a werewolf and a ghost now to make the party complete (no zombies, as zombies are too filth)!!
    lunarJuliusBorisov
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I feel I should point out that Lord Jarrakul has been a vampire (and a kobold, but that's not relevant here) long before this poser shows up. I'd say "there can be only one", but honestly there are so many upstart vampires around these days that I just can't be bothered to deal with them.

(Seriously, though. Lord Jarrakul was, in fact, a kobold vampire in an old D&D campaign of mine. He was the first villain I ever made who my players were really afraid of. I was proud of that, and although I can make much better villains now, there's something to be said for the first success. So he got immortalized as my online ID, and probably will be forever. And now you know.)

Oh, and yeah, that sounds like a bug. File it in bug reports, if you haven't already?
    Shikaolunar