Skip to content

Road to v1.3 (Survey and Discussion)

Comments

• kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited December 2014
    @Dee Why it do it ? I wanna see my characters colors even when all the party is selected not just my own color.

Seem like I'm use to BGEE when I can see the colors of my party when they are selected, sham that selecting the whole party make it downgrade the colors marked.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The circles aren't functioning any differently than they did in BG:EE. The difference is that the colors being used by those specific NPCs have more muted colors in general.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Yeah I notice that but Minsc use the stronger purple and it still downgrade it, anyway it not so huge problem I guess I never notice it before, because as I said I saw the colors. No biggy I guess.

Maybe you should add more color choices, but as I said no biggy .
    Thank for the replay :)
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157
    Wow patch 1.3 is looking really good!! but I must admit(with shame of course) that I have never finished BG2EE :neutral_face:

With the new patch I will start a new adventure!
    CrevsDaakShikao
  • killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
    Not sure if this is the correct format for reporting a bug but --

Killer mimic wanders off screen preventing completion of mimic blood quest.

To reproduce --

1. Embrace your love of cheese
    2. Cast off misgivings about metagaming
    3. Enter mimic cave -- cast holy smite on chest until mimic blinded
    4. Mimic starts to wander and quest cannot be completed

Expected behavior -- mimic stays in fixed place and attacks party.
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 92
    Will Icewind Dale get the improved pathfinding?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Musaab said:

Will Icewind Dale get the improved pathfinding?

Yes (it was first to get it).
    CrevsDaakjackjack
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    edited December 2014
    @Dee‌ Does this game version handle icons in the action bar differently compared to v1.2.2030? Inactive icons are not grayed out anymore when I'm using a custom GUIBTACT.BAM (as installed by my Recolored toolbar buttons mod) even though the general structure of the file doesn't appear to have changed.

Edit: It looks like using the PVRZ-based BAM format still works correctly, but there is currently no way to install custom PVRZ files by a mod without the danger of clashing with existing files.
    Post edited by argent77 on
    elminster
  • CapnSniffiesCapnSniffies Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2014
    Awesome stuff, thanks for all your hard work everyone! I've played through vanilla 5-6 times over the years and got EE so a noob friend and I could play it and we are about to finish up BG1:EE and will be eager to delve into 2. I'll definitely have to persuade him to wait till the patch hits (will be hard though, he's loving it).

I had NO idea party banter was disabled in multiplayer by default. Would have been a massive disappointment for us, so thanks so much for allowing us to enable the feature, even if its not fully tested. One question though, in your beautiful patch notes it says the .ini line will enable them for host-controlled NPCs. Does this mean all non-host NPCs will not be able to participate in banter? If so, will there be any workaround for this?

Also, I didn't see anything about the Harper's Call spell being fixed in the notes. Is this still an issue?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

Also, I didn't see anything about the Harper's Call spell being fixed in the notes. Is this still an issue?

According to @elminster‌ it has been fixed.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

According to @elminster‌ it has been fixed.

Yea basically it reduces all stats now except constitution. So it avoids the issue now :)
    lolien
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    "The Quick-Loot bar now makes the appropriate sound for looted items, and characters no longer need to walk to loot piles in order to loot them from the Quick Loot bar."

isn't that some kind of "teleport dropped items to me in battle quick please?"
    CrevsDaak
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    This is probably only relevant for modders, but since the current engine revision seems to support most or all of the script actions and triggers from IWD:EE, it is worth mentioning that some of them are showing unusual behavior because they haven't been fully adapted to this game.

For instance, when executing the ExportParty(S:Name*) script action, it displays a random line from Jaheira's banter dialog in the console window instead of "Your characters have been exported".
    CrevsDaak
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    Just to clarify, if I have character files from BG:EE 1.3 that have finished the game, they will have the appropriate variables set for the new BG2:EE 1.3 to be imported, or do you have to wait for the new patch on BG:EE for this to work. (Regarding the New NPC variables)
    BGII:EE 1.3 reads the variables that are already set in BG:EE; so just import from your BG:EE save directly to BGII:EE and it should work with no problem at all.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I signed up for beta in BG2:EE but no returning e-mail until now. Just asking if this take a while (maybe 2 or 3 days), as i made it today.
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    I don't think we are allowed to get access anymore because it's being released soon. I can't remember but it was on the forums here that it'll be released 16.12.2014.

I also did the survey about 2 or 3 days ago and haven't received a response. Let us know if you do get one though
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Remember to check your junkmail as well! :D
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    I honestly didn't think of that, so thanks for the suggestion but, unfortunately, no cigar.
  • PeLLeT_RSDPeLLeT_RSD Member Posts: 55
    This: "In addition, losing spell slots no longer clears the selections for those spells, meaning that when you recover from Level Drain, all it takes is a single Rest and your spellcaster will be back in business."

This: "The Quick Loot bar now combines stackable items automatically when looted from the ground, and correctly displays usability tints for items you find. Using Quick Loot also no longer requires characters to walk to the items being looted, making the post-combat looting process much faster."

And this: "Infinite-ammunition launchers no longer switch to melee when the equipped ammo runs out"

Small changes that help A LOT!

I'm missing the green border on spell that you can learn though (introduced on BGEE 1.3)

I've been waiting for this patch to start a new game.

Thank you very much!
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    edited December 2014
    Reposting the message that I wrongly put in the BGEE patch thread... I am tired.

@Dee‌ the brochure is pretty sweet! I am especially digging the new location bits. (I was hoping for the return of Baeloth, but Neera is pretty sweet).

There is mention of improved audio. Yay!

If I may be so bold, can you share a tutorial on how to create\import new locations for IE games? in order to expand modding possiblities :P
    Post edited by Dark_Ansem on
    @Dark_Ansem‌ Did you read the PDF for this patch? Page 30, #7425: "All sounds now play at a higher quality".
    jackjack
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Dee said:

@Dark_Ansem‌ Did you read the PDF for this patch? Page 30, #7425: "All sounds now play at a higher quality".

missed it... I was looking for the word "audio" lol. corrected the post :P
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    edited December 2014
    Is there any chances the bugs (critical bugs at least) reported by users during "road to" process will be fixed in forthcoming patch?
    Edit: Thanks for quick response
    Post edited by Parys on
    JuliusBorisov
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    So why does this patch have a release date when the others did not have one? Is the beta over? Are all the regressions fixed?
This discussion has been closed.