Skip to content

Road to v1.3 (Survey and Discussion)

13»

Comments

• kiryamokiryamo Member Posts: 12
    Is there any concrete hour to release the patch?
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    Hurricane said:

kamuizin said:

I signed up for beta in BG2:EE but no returning e-mail until now. Just asking if this take a while (maybe 2 or 3 days), as i made it today.

Sed said:

Remember to check your junkmail as well! :D

You don't (necessarily) receive an email telling you that you've been given beta access. Just log in to your account on beamdog.com and check whether the BG2:EE Private Beta appears under My Games. If it's there, you have access, and you should start the Beamdog Client to download the Beta.
    Nope. Just got email confirmation. Thanks @Dee !
  • CameronToferCameronTofer Administrator, Developer Posts: 279
    Adul said:

So why does this patch have a release date when the others did not have one? Is the beta over? Are all the regressions fixed?

This patch has a release date as we used our testing staff to confirm all the fixes. The open beta began when all of the BGII:EE known issues had been fixed and confirmed. We would wanted to let everyone try out the beta for longer however the holiday break is forcing our hand.
  • HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    Thank you, Dee, for taking the trouble to keep us posted. :) More transparency is always appreciated.
  • AnthedonAnthedon Member Posts: 26
    I just skimmed through the 1.3 .pdf. That's one set of impressive patch notes.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Question:

1° - It's dangerous to pass a 1.2 game to 1.3? Specially if it's heavly modded?

2° - Does Beamdog have any interest in games passed from 1.2 to 1.3 to test bugs and does modded games count for this?
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    "- Off-hand weapons no longer change the color of main-hand weapons"

yaaaaay
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If your game is unmodded, you can load it in 1.3 with no problems. There may be some cases where a bug that was fixed won't be fixed in your save, if the bug was already affecting your game. If your game is modded heavily you'll need to (at the very least) reapply your mods before loading that save, or you'll encounter some oddities.

At this point we're finished with testing; in fact I'm pretty sure everybody else is at home and either sleeping or enjoying a few hours' reprieve before tomorrow's release. In any case, we don't need saved games for testing.
  • DarKelPDarKelP Member Posts: 183
    edited December 2014
    @Dee is there a quick fix for the issue with melf's meteors and energy blades? If I want to cast those spells I have to accept the wizard with 9 APR forever.
  • GlidderdustGlidderdust Member Posts: 70
    I got the beta off steam last week and have a game saved at the start of chapter two.

Is the official patch going to effect my saved game or should I just download the the patch tomorrow and start the game over?
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Dee are these additional fixes regarding regressions or are these just more regular fixes? If the latter, do you plan to put it into patch release notes doc later, or the WotC approval proccess is too much of a hassle to bother? It would be cool to have *all* patch notes in one place.
    A couple of them are old bugs that we were able to fix, but most of them are regressions. Modifying the release notes document at this stage would be a poor use of time, but that's not to say we can't change them after the patch is released.
    Yeah I didn't mean to modify it now, before release, just later, after patch goes life. There's no rush, just keep that in mind please:)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Dee said:

At this point we're finished with testing; in fact I'm pretty sure everybody else is at home and either sleeping or enjoying a few hours' reprieve before tomorrow's release.

Have a good rest, you all deserve it!
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Adul said:

So why does this patch have a release date when the others did not have one? Is the beta over? Are all the regressions fixed?

They obviously have a contractual deadline to meet and can't delay any further.
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited December 2014
    @Messi‌ No... they really dont. Thats the best part!
    They just want to have a Christmas break, at last:)
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    six .. five .. four .. three .. two .. one ... no update yet!!
    The update is now live on Beamdog and Steam. If you don't see it yet, try restarting your Beamdog Client or game launcher.
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    When should I expect 1.3 patch on GOG?
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    Dee said:

The update is now live on Beamdog and Steam. If you don't see it yet, try restarting your Beamdog Client or game launcher.

Yes. Download startet. 1.6 MB/s. Not bad.
    Mirak said:

We're sending them the update now; it should be available sometime today.
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    Smooth delivery on Steam, just like the BG 1.3.
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    Dee said:

Mirak said:

We're sending them the update now; it should be available sometime today.
    Great, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.