Skip to content

Character Editor for IWD EE?

Is there a program or option like EE keeper for IWD EE? I tried installing EE keeper, but it only seems to find my old BGEE and BGIIEE files. I am trying to solo with a monk who has decent stats, but it appears I can't use the weapons I am proficient with, and i think i want to change his class and proficiencies.

I got the game via Beamdog, if that helps.

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
  • TheWhyteNinjaTheWhyteNinja Member Posts: 5
    Hey Decado,

Thank you for your help. I have seen that it is supposed to be compatible, but I haven't been able to get it to work with IWD EE yet.

Do you have a link or instructions for how to set it for use with IWD? I had a recent version, but do you have to use an earlier version of EE keeper in this case?
    JuliusBorisov
    Eureka! I got it to work. It turns out that i had an outdated version of EE. I just got the latest one and it runs fine. THank you, @decado!
    JuliusBorisovmoody_mageTroodon80
    Thank you @Troodon80.
    jackjackTroodon80AstroBryGuy
  • I'm trying to use it to modify my IWD:EE game, but I seem to have a problem with EE Keeper whereby I can't open the program itself.

The error message I'm getting is "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them."

Strangely, this is peculiar to versions 1.0.2.6, 5 and 4. Every version below 1.0.2.4 works perfectly, but none of these versions allow IWD editing! I'm running Windows 7, have tried a variety of install directories, and tried running as admin to no avail. The install methods I'm trying are exactly the same across versions, so I cannot, for the life of me, work out what's going on.

Any ideas?